Tablo Plex Channel on Fire TV Stick

Anyone tried using this set up?  If so, how is it working for you?  Having trouble getting the chromecast to play tablo videos (live TV or recordings).  Want to try another option, and the fire stick seems to have more processing power than the roku stick.  I know there is currently no tablo channel for fire TV, but if Plex plug in works okay I might have to try it out.

If you’re looking to buy a new device, get the Roku 3.

@BraveUpNorth - Are you using the Roku/Chromecast recording quality setting? 

If you're looking to buy a new device, get the Roku 3.

And I may for the family room TV, but I do have other sets in the house I will need to watch live TV or recordings on and do not want to spend more than necessary.

@TabloTV - could have sworn I was, but another look showed I was not.  Made the change and tried it quickly over lunch.  I had a brief freze of 4-5 sec when I started casting.  After that it was fairly solid.  I will try some more this evening and let you know how it goes.  Thanks.

@BraveUpNorth - Cool. Give it a try and see if that improves your experience. It’ll take effect immediately for live TV but not for recordings. All recordings moving forward will be done in this setting, but the past ones won’t be reconverted. 

@TabloTV - The tablo was new as of last week.  The only recording I have made was the football game from Sunday.  Watched that on the tablet.  Other than that, the hard drive is clean.  Looks like I will get to start out on the right foot.

@BraveUpNorth - Beauty! If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to drop us a line.