Tablo on Shark Tank? ;^)

Well I have been a very amazed Tablo user for almost two weeks.

It is a very well thought out device with supportive developers and a great user community.

Have you guys ever thought about trying to go on Shark Tank?
It might be a fun way to help promote Tablo and who knows what could happen.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

All the best,
Simeon

@simeon - Glad you’re enjoying your Tablo :smiley:

We haven’t actually thought about going on Shark Tank… Not sure they would let us on since we’re not really THAT early stage anymore. It would be kind of cool though!

Then we could record ourselves going on Shark Tank with our own product! #meta
1 Like

Shark Tank === giving your ideas to somebody else.

Just saying… sure, you can get “funding” but with gigantic strings attached.  It’s for people that want a “new car” and are happy with that (short sighted people with a great idea).

@cjcox, I think that depends on if you go with Kevin “Mr. Wonderful” or not :stuck_out_tongue:

We already have an actual investor who truly is Mr. Wonderful (:-h David!) which is nice because we can avoid ‘giving our ideas away’ as @cjcox said. 

It would still be cool to be on TV though :D 

@TabloTV pretty sure revenue goes way way up just being on the show without even taking an offer.  ;)

@TabloTV @Jestep Yeah, kind of like an infomercial. They have had products on the show that have existed for years and made millions before entering the show.

@TabloTV @Jestep Yeah, kind of like an infomercial. They have had products on the show that have existed for years and made millions before entering the show.

First (and only) time I watched that show this is exactly what I saw … I turned it off shortly there after.

@Angus I know I have gone and looked up companies. There was actually a pretty good flower one that delivers for the price they sell for with no hidden fees called The Bouqs. Anyone who has ordered flowers knows by the time you check out the $35 flowers is $60 or more… Now, I have never used them, but I like the model of this is what we sell and ship them for, no hidden fees.

@TabloTV What you need is a Tablo infomercial with the Sham Wow guy.

@roraniel - Yeeeessssssssssss. That would be super fun! 

“Tablo - You’ll say WOW every time (you don’t get a cable bill in the mail)!” 

@roraniel - Yeeeessssssssssss. That would be super fun! 

"Tablo - You'll say WOW every time (you don't get a cable bill in the mail)!" 

If it wasnt so costly (and potentially confusing) to do … it would be hilarious to send out “YOU SAVED $XXX by switching from cable” pseudo “bills” to tablo customers in the style of a cable tv bill.

One of the things people don’t realize about Shark Tank is that even if you don’t accept an offer OR don’t receive one at all, you still have to give up a percentage of your business to be on the show. I think it’s 5% or something like that. Tablo doesn’t need to go on Shark Tank. They have already “made” it and distributing to large stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart. Sometimes you just have to let a good thing develop on its own.

I don’t think they take the 5% anymore. I remember listening to an interview with Mark Cuban where he talked about forcing them to do away with that by threatening to not return to the show.

If it wasnt so costly (and potentially confusing) to do .. it would be hilarious to send out "YOU SAVED $XXX by switching from cable" pseudo "bills" to tablo customers in the style of a cable tv bill.

That would be AWESOME! But you’re correct it would be insanely expensive.

We actually wanted to send everyone an ACTUAL Valentine’s Day card in the mail. Then we crunched the numbers. 
$-)