"Tablo not found" with new bridge router

Hello,

Wondering if anyone could help.

I have a 2 story home. Roku setup. My Tablo is hard wired downstairs directly to my modem/router.

My upstairs TV’s all have Roku sticks, wifi only. Wifi signal is troublesome upstairs even with a new Arris modem/router so I installed a second router upstairs and set it up in bridge mode.

With the exception of the Tablo, Everything is working beautiful now, no issues, great wifi signal upstairs as well. It’s just that the Tablo gives me an error almost every time I start the app which says “Tablo not found”. I then have to hit “retry” button and then it finds the Tablo and works fine.

I am just wondering if there is a way to get rid of this error every time I start the app. It’s more annoying than anything else. The Tablo is still found and works perfectly but it’s just that initial “tablo not found” error that’s driving me nuts since all the other Roku apps work perfectly.

Thank you in advance for your help.

What is the make and model of the new router? And how did you put it in bridge mode?

How does the new router connect to the ISP modem / router? Hard wired? Cause that would be best.

Thanks. New router is hard wired to main router. New router is a Linksys EA6400. Set it up in bridge mode by going to 192.168.1.1 as per Linksys instructions, which are not very thorough.

It sounds like you want the new router in access point mode.

While I have a number of routers in access point mode they are not linksys. Every vendor and router model might have different setup instructions.

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=137888

Thank you for your responses. Much appreciated. It appears that I have found the problem. It was a bad ethernet cable. I replaced the cable and the problem has disappeared :+1:

Thank you again for your time!