Tablo not discoverable Apple 4k TV

I have been using my Tablo without error on a variety of devices. However, the app for the Apple TV 4k has suddenly stopped being able to discover the Tablo. Apple says the issue is with the Tablo or Tablo App. I have no difficulty with connecting to Tablo with my other devices, including my Apple TV HD. This app is the only one with problems on that device. All other apps function perfectly. Help. Is anyone else having similar issue with their Apple TV 4k and the Tablo?

I have: rebooted every device several times in various orders, all to no effect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app (several times). I have reset the Apple TV to factory settings to no effect.

Reboot your router (aka power cycle it by unplugging it from the power outlet). Reboot your Tablo. Reboot your Apple TV.

Indeed… And make sure they’re on the same network. If your Apple TV has perhaps shifted to a ‘guest network’ it won’t be able to find your Tablo.

Yes. I had already tried that. And it is impossible for the devices to switch networks as they are differently named with separate passwords.

This is the issue. Run the Tablo and Apple TV on the same WiFi SSID (network name).

What is the make and model of your router?

1 Like

They were on the same network. I was saying it would be impossible for either of them to switch to the guest network because that network has a completely different name and password.

At the end of the day, the issue was that the Apple TV had had an update that had been interrupted, and thus corrupted. Once the Apple TV update was straightened out everything was working perfectly.

So if anyone else has this type of issue, confirm that your software is properly installed - and if they say don’t turn off the device during the update be certain you don’t because that was not a simple fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.