Tablo no longer working

I was copying my tv shows and all of the sudden my tablo box stopped working the blue light still comes on but that’s it and yes I tried everything to revive it and nothing worked so I’m sick of it now so is there a way that I can still pull the videos that I have accumulated off that hard drive and on to my computer I don’t want to lose them since I cant use the ripper now?

Maybe the connection type isn’t working.

You didn’t say how the tablo was connected - wired or WiFI…

Whether the router still sees the device as active. Or if the router doesn’t see the device whether you tried switching between connection types: wired-to-WiFi or Wifi-to-Wired.

Could be that the hard drive failed. AFAIK, Tablo doesn’t want to come online if there isn’t a drive? If you have Linux skillz, and access to a Linux Machine, you can mount the drive there and check. some dude in your neighborhood might have those skills and can then also pull the shows off for you at the same time.

Could be a bad power supply. Same thing happened to me and new PS fixed the problem.

The browser app use to come online and in the settings section the drive would say disconnected - if the drive was unreachable. Which could be different then if the drive was crashed.

But I would bet more on the power supply since I think I’ve seen posts where the power supply was faulty but not completely dead and the LED was on. I would search the forum for power supply and see what symptoms were listed.

when you say power supply - do you mean the wall-wart or something inside the Tablo box? If the former, it should be almost trivial to find an OEM replacement somewhere and test it.

A lot of the smaller electronics don’t have traditional internal power supplies. If so they wouldn’t need what you call a wall wart. The power line would run directly into the unit and the internal power supply would due all the conversion to DC.

But if you search the forum you will find threads about power supply - models to buy online,etc. And that’s why tablo started selling them.

Yep, this is the power suply in Tablo store

From the description, I’d have thought one could nip down to a local electronics store and get something similar or Amazon Prime might deliver it quicker for a test to determine of the power supply is at fault.

I saw a model of one that was confirmed working on one Thread here, but now can’t find it. Seems a safe bet there are many compatible models out there.

Various threads have info on voltage and barrel size. And if you search amazon for the specific numbers you might find one slightly less in price. But is it of any quality.

But if the original went bad could it be because something is attached that is sucking to much juice. My originals have been cranking for over 3 years.

Your comments above are exactly accurate and what happen to mine. It was a little over 3 yrs old, so good luck with yours! Cheers

That block that plugs into the mains went bad on my Tablo4 too, mate. My nephew found me one in his box of castoffs. I didn’t think those blocks ever went bad.

@br1019 If you give us a ring (1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688) we can take a look and see if we can help you get the Tablo back online.

@Bardel If you remove the drive from the Tablo, you can still boot it up and use it. Recordings will fail but you’ll still be able to use live TV and a single tuner.

What good would that do, the sole purpose of me purchasing it was to record shows I don’t need it as a tuner and my tv is showing the same channels

That’s the problem its not offline its connected by Ethernet cable to my wifi box and been there ever since I got it bout 3 or 4 months ago and theres nothing wrong with the wifi or the cable it comes on the functions is there it shows the program guide, it shows the tv shows, it even reads the hard drive it shows the contents and everything so I know the hard drive cant be bad and its recognizing it the hard drive is not even 6 months old as a matter of fact I bought the hard drive the same time I got the tablo box but when I try to record the tablo box is either rapidly blinking or when I think its recording and I look on the hard drive it says: Failure to record unexpected problems and that’s when it does that crazy blinking starts and that’s not because its updating, or Failure to record hard drive is missing and that’s not true also because the signal light on the hard drive was showing it was recording then it stopped and that crazy blinking happens on the tablo box again but it would play the recordings that I have on the hard drive and also might I add I lost some of my saved recording as well but when you go to the part where it tells you about your tablo settings it shows the hard drive and then it says no hard drive connected but it played what I have recorded on it, and the tablo box does that crazy blinking even when I’m not recording and I’m just fed up with it. I hope this wasn’t too much reading.

That’s the problem its not offline its connected by Ethernet cable to my wifi box and been there ever since I got it bout 3 or 4 months ago and theres nothing wrong with the wifi or the cable it comes on the functions is there it shows the program guide, it shows the tv shows, it even reads the hard drive it shows the contents and everything so I know the hard drive cant be bad and its recognizing it the hard drive is not even 6 months old but when I try to record the tablo box is either rapidly blinking or when I think its recording and I look on the hard drive it says: Failure to record unexpected problems and that’s when it does that crazy blinking starts and that’s not because its updating, or Failure to record hard drive is missing and that’s not true also because the signal light on the hard drive was showing it was recording then it stopped and that crazy blinking happens on the tablo box again but it would play the recordings that I have on the hard drive and also might I add I lost some of my saved recording as well but when you go to the part where it tells you about your tablo settings it shows the hard drive and then it says no hard drive connected but it played what I have recorded on it, and the tablo box does that crazy blinking even when I’m not recording and I’m just fed up with it. I hope this wasn’t too much reading.

I have a ps4 what did you do?

Why wont they show when I hook it up to my pc? I mean wouldn’t it read it as a external hard drive? its a windows 10 desktop in case you was wondering what I had.

Power supply is fine

This is the one I bought from Amazon. It is a much better PS than the cheap one that comes with Tablo. It also has a usb port that I use for the laptop fan under the unit. The only bad thing is none of the connectors that came with it do not fit the Tablo. So I just cut the old one off and put it on the new PS. (only takes 10-15 mins) Been working fine for 4 months now.

Kensington K38047US Mobile Power Adapter with USB Port for Netbooks

amazon.com6

Kensington K38047US Mobile Power Adapter with USB Port for Netbooks

Here’s the simple, reliable power adapter your netbook needs. The Kensington Power Adapter for Netbooks has color-coded power tips that make set-up a snap. And the built-in USB power port even charges …

$19.99
OK, I only paid $8.99 last month - might wait until it goes on sale again.

DEEPCOOL WIND PAL FS 17" Laptop Cooler 2×140mm Fans 2 USB Ports 2 $17.99

This was a response to my previous post to clarify what capabilities the Tablo has without a hard drive attached.

Tablo is Linux-based and the drive is formatted for a Linux filesystem. You might be able to look at the drive if you install a driver on your Windows 10 system that recognize that particular, non-native filesystem.