Tablo: My first week experience

Thanks for explaining. This makes sense now. Never thought about using a tool such as Tablo Ripper to import episodes into my local library/Plex (and I do LOVE Plex). I’ll have to look into this.

Still, at times I feel that real-world use does not live up to the marketing of this product.

I have automated the use of Tablo Ripper to do a nightly round of rips automatically (using the provided DLL service in Windows). It now has the option also of deleting ripped shows from the Tablo.

Some people here at this forum have added the functionality softwarewise (MCEBuddy) of editing out commercials after the rip. That was coincidentally also a workaround to the past FF\LPW problem.

1 Like

I agree on the USB ports, so while you are in the window to get it replaced, do so (though I doubt they have changed hardware). I first had (and still have) the issue back in June. USB Issue Link. Support told me my USB cord was bad. I went through 7 USB cords before I called BS. As long as I don’t touch the unit, it works fine.

I think the depth may be 1-2mm too shallow or too deep. When you push all the way in, it loses contact with the pins on the cable plug.

I assume you’ve tried switchng out cables?

Gerald_goldner -

No, I replaced Tablo with a new one. The new one has been working beautifully. If I had contacted Tablo Support, they would have told me to swap USB cable over and over.