Tablo missing on iPhone app

I keep getting a search again when I try to open the tablo app on my iPhone. And yes phone is on same internet. I tried deleting and reinstalling app. Two are shown in the apple store .

Are you able to access your Tablo on other devices on your network?

Which version of the app are you using?

Do you have any VPN software installed on your phone?

Yes the tablo is working on both smart tv app and two Roku devices. I’ve deleted the app from the iPhone and reinstalled both to try in the apple store.
Now when I open the app on my iPhone the search again is all I get along with do you have a tablo and how to purchase it.

The VPN question specifically: this sounds like what we’d expect to see if you were using a VPN on your phone. If this isn’t the case, don’t hesitate to give our team a shout at 1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688) or send us a ticket.

Yes I have a new vpn recently installed. Would it better installed on my router?

Unfortunately VPNs will negatively affect local network-based discovery with devices like Tablo.

If you disable the VPN on your phone temporarily, and have Tablo Connect enabled, you could pair the phone with your Tablo and then re-enable the VPN.

However, with a VPN on your phone, the Tablo would always see your phone as being remote.

Moving the VPN to your router would completely disable local network discovery without some fancy footwork when it comes to router settings.

Ok, I got the phone to connect with my tablo. Now I have a new dilemma! I have unlimited data with no cap, but throttled at 5 mbps. The 5 mbps is enough to let the tablo function properly. It isn’t enough to stream Netflix, YTTV, or prime. I’ve found satellite isn’t a solution. I’m on the waiting list for T-Mobile. With the vpn enabled I’m able to to stream.