Tablo loses Hard Drive Connection

I have the two tuner Tablo and I am experiencing hard drive connection loss stating that I have no hard drive connected. I have already lost a couple of recordings for the new season. I changed out the cable but I was wondering if there was any other way that I can diagnose what the issue is?

Specifically can it check to see if it is the drive enclosure, cable or one or the other USB port on the Tablo? I have a 1TB Western Digital Black hard drive.

What is the exact make and model of the USB HDD?

Does it have its own power supply?

It is a Rosewill RX-358 V2 and yes it has it’s own power supply.

We should have some insight on our end - can you send us a note? We’ll see what your Tablo is reporting.

Thank you. Sent note with Mac address and other info.

Same here. Table support will send an email that they will watch the drive and then they always come back with the excuse it is a drive failure. I’ve swapped drives, cables and USB ports and still have the issue. It is an intermittent problem. I had a recording complete, then the next day three failed. The Tablo does show the hard drive connected even though the recordings failed.

I believe it is a Tablo issue that is not very common so Tablo ignores it or plays lip service instead of fixing the problem.

Great product but needs better support.

Sorry to hear this. Like I mentioned I replaced the cable and seems to have recorded last nights programs. I will be keeping an eye on it for sure.

1 Like

Just curious how long it took for a reply from Tablo support? I haven’t heard anything from them.

Couple of days to a week. They would send an email to put the Tablo into a diagnostic mode and then never answer about how long to leave it. You have to contact them again to find out if you can return it to normal. Very unhappy with their response. Never their fault, of course. Just had 3 recordings fail due to no hard drive and then another one completed. Did not change anything.

1 Like