Tablo legacy constantly reconnecting/disconnecting

Have been using a Legacy quad for several years. On a digital timer for shut down between 10:30 pm to 5 am. Recently having to power reboot as device cannot be found in the morning any lately.

Why the overnight shutdown? That is when it runs nightly maintenance and guide updates. Also, the constant on/off and cooling/heating of the electronics in the Tablo and even the power supply can shorten their life.

2 Likes

Just an F.Y.I. I virtually never restart my Tablos both legacy (9 years old) and a gen 4. The only time it restarts is when there is a power failure and at worst that’s only a couple times per year. And if the power failure is short enough my U.P.S. keeps them running.

2 Likes

In the morning IF you log into your router Admin Panel does the router see your Tablo (before reboot)? Is there a LAN address assigned to the Tablo before you do your “power reboot” – your term?

Also, like the others above, why are you powering down every night?

Just trying to help here. You don’t account to us at all ---- obviously!

Stopped powering down, still constantly “reconnecting” which spoils recordings. This is recent as this unit has been running well for years…thanks for any help.

Oh, and I have reserved dhcp address for this device. No help.

Have you tried another power supply?

Many years ago (2016) my Tablo was constantly losing connection almost every day. Every other device on my network worked fine. And the first year 2015 my Tablo worked fine with the router. Eventually I tried a different router. The same brand (Belkin) but more powerful and newer. The problems did not go away, in fact, they got worse. And again everything else on the network worked fine. Getting very, very sick of it I ultimately went out and purchased a new more powerful and highly rated Netgear R6400 router. ALL my problems instantly disappeared. The Netgear router is going on 8 years old now and still silently chugs away 24/7/365 with no issues with anything.

I don’t know what the deal was with the Belkin routers but something with Tablo was just not compatible. I know how frustrating this can be. I wasted a lot of time trouble shooting when in the end I just had to replace one component of the system, and I don’t know why.