Tablo keeps having difficulty connecting!

You are the one of the most dangerous types of users. You aren’t just trolling, there IS some validity to some of the shortcomings you post about, I’ve even directly said that.

However, your mostly negative approach to the product is not a constructive discussion, it’s just repeating the same things over and over. Even your username reflects your general attitude toward the product.

It’s not so much WHAT you are saying, it’s HOW you continue to say it. If you are so displeased with the product, move to something else.

2 Likes

There have been discussions OTA DVRs don’t have a 1:1 feature comparisons list… this may not be the right choice.

But to insist all devices going forward need to function just like obsolete and/or proprietary DVRs, OTA or not… it’s comical. Or a competitor troll, maybe just bored - or…

You want to live in an Era where seniors yell at kids to get off the grass, and fussing and complaining “gets things done” :roll_eyes:

If this relatively small company is still going against a behemoth like Amazon, they have figured out marketing which you, apparently don’t fit into!

Buy a Recast and try telling Amazon how messed up their product is. They may compensate you just to leave them alone.

So based upon your (strange) premise, if a DVR was discontinued, not only is it deemed obsolete, it has also lost all of its worthiness as a product, just because Tablo decided to try to “reinvent the wheel”…and if it’s proprietary, that means the simple, basic functionality (that worked for many years to improve the user experience) should be avoided, just because this company thinks that they know better!
…even if they decided not to incorporate certain ergonomics (that made other products quite successful over the years).
No, they aren’t required to incorporate this (tried and true) functionality…but does that make it a better product? Absolutely not!
…and is it not worthy of (constructive) criticism as a result?

:repeat:

Just started something weird today. I scan for new channels, select ones I want, press add to guide. then get circle of death - it keeps going forever. @TabloTV any ideas besides opening a ticket?

Since you didn’t mention which app you were using, what happens if you broke out of the app and tried again , or what happens if you try using different app, or if something as simple as using the settings screent to request a guide update works, I don’t think anyone is going to pull any rabbits out of the hat.

Don’t know what I did but I managed to fix it. I’m st use to the channels being added faster.

Chiming in to add a data point. So far I have no issues with my Roku Ultra connecting to my Tablo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.