Interactive new user tutorial - Posts about nothing :) now with polls

Regardless of source… you’re spending time viewing content aka watching TV (or similar device)
where’s it from?
OTA, or via a service over a paid, out of pocket, internet subscription/service.

So call it internal streaming and external streaming to address your OCD. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
How old is your oldest unwatched recording (tell us what it is in the comments):
  • Over 3 years old
  • 2-3 years old
  • 1-2 years old
  • 6-12 months old
  • 2-6 months old
  • 1-2 months old
  • 1 week to 1 month old
  • Less than a week old

0 voters

My oldest is “Holiday with the Houghs” from December 16, 2019. My wife still plans to watch it someday :thinking:

I have been recording the Simpsons ever since I received my Tablo, and I have unwatched episodes dating back to at least 2016. (I also have other shows from 2016 that I haven’t watched yet.)

If I knew what was in the commercials… then they wouldn’t be unwatched now would they? Then eventually you’d have the oldest :laughing:

I have several 10pm dramas spanning +10 seasons …thinking I wanted to see them from the beginning. I’ve archived nostalgia shows I haven’t watched for some time… but I know I have them!

Some highly rated sitcoms I’ll catch the first 3 seasons, the reason they became popular, generally get around to watching them… kind of in the background.

Then where’s the support group for DVR or digital support? With out tablos… we don’t have to delete things to make room for more – go BIGGER, or even export for archiving! Of course, tablos’ can have massive drives to start with! A DVR hoarder’s paradise!

How Many Tablos do you own?
  • More than 3

0 voters

1 Like

Although I own 3, only 2 are in service - I haven’t gotten around to listing a Tablo Dual Lite on Ebay yet, it’s just sitting there.

A second Dual Lite, is still connected, but mostly just to finish recordings a couple of series it had started. It should also be listed on Ebay someday… but I’ve got loads of someday stuff :neutral_face:

Interesting that (so far) 12 of 13 respondents own more than 1 Tablo.

Nuvyyo used to allow a single lifetime to work across all owned devices. Arguably the biggest plus side differentiator vs the competition. I probably would not own two under the “new rules” (which arguably puts Tablo on par more or less with the competition).

3 Likes

@discobot start new user

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot I don’t like tablo chirpchirpchirp

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: You won’t skid if you stay in a rut. — Kin Hubbard

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot roll 2d6

1 Like

:game_die: 5, 1

BADGES MATTER!

One (1) of only three (3) recipients :exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

What is the best meme to describe some recent community behavior?

• Beating a Dead Horse

• Broken Record

0 voters

C: beating a dead horse with a broken record - aka all of the above.
:repeat:

:repeat:

Innovation should work just like things always did! Why should I change!?! Unfounded standards are set in stone… if modern things don’t follow them - they are

flawed :repeat:

:cricket_bat_and_ball:
:horse: