Tablo iOS Mobile App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.3.0 &1.3.1)

Hi folks -

An update is now available for the newest Tablo iOS mobile app for 4th generation Tablo devices.

This update has several new features as well as bug fixes so make sure to update to the latest.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo iOS Mobile App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.3.0)

• Adds the ability for those with multiple 4th generation Tablo DVRs to easily switch between them
  • Adds improved password reset and account sign-in experience
  • Adds search so you can quickly find your favorite shows
  • Adds recent recordings row to the home screen
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

Tablo iOS Mobile App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.3.1)

• Bug fixes and performance improvements

About This Release
You can access the menu to switch from one 4th generation Tablo device to another via the ACCOUNT icon in the top right of the screen.

If you have any questions or problems, please post them below or touch base directly with support.

1 Like

Has the Tablo app for legacy devices on Apple TV been fixed? Is there a Tablo app for the new generation Tablo for Apple TV?

Just updated the iOS Tablo TV (2 tuner 4th gen Tablo device) app to the most recent version (1.3.0) released yesterday (11/14) and it crashes immediately after launching. I get a splash screen, and then immediately crashes. iPhone 13 running iOS 17.1. Was working fine before I updated to the most recent version. Tried deleting, and then reinstalling, but no different behavior. Same result when I tried to load it on my iPad

Thanks for your report @mlawrnce. We’re investigating and think we found the source of the issue and are working on a fix right now.

UPDATE - Version 1.3.1 is on the way with a fix for the crash that @mlawrnce reported.

Today, I updated my AppleTV to tvOS 17.2 beta 3 this morning…and got a (good) surprise - my legacy Tablo Quad is working…better than it was working before!
If you and your compatriots at Tablo/Scripps/Nuyvvo had anything to do with this - THANK YOU!!

This must be pure luck. I thought apple support told users that all the problems were caused by 3rd party app developers that didn’t keep up with the wonders of all the changes in release 17.

1 Like

@Director_Doug Tablo did nothing. They haven’t issued an update for the Apple TV since September of 2022. That’s more than a year since they issued an update. The Beta TVOS 17.2 that is available to me is still super buggy. I can get live or recorded to play at all. Tablo has stated that they do not have an ETA for issuing an Apple TV update indicating the low priority of Apple TV users.

1 Like

Please take note - Tablo issued a new version of their software last night. I don’t know how things work between the two entities, but it might have been coordinated, somehow.

Updated to tvOS 17.2 Beta 3 this morning and my Tablo is working fine!

@Director_Doug From Tablo this morning.

@Director_Doug I had to unsubscribe and resubscribe to beta 3 times before I could get the latest beta update to trigger. You are absolutely correct that the Legacy Tablo is working properly in that version. So YAY! And thank you for pointing that out!