Tablo Gen 4 with LG Smart TV

Yes, the Fire Stick 4K ($30, as you said) and Fire Stick 4K Max ($40) are on sale today in the “Big Spring Sale” :-). And I share your dislike for the Fire UI, even though I have the Max for its Tablo compatibilty.

1 Like

You mentioned you have a Chromecast. So does that mean you can cast to it from the android app on the phone? I’ve done screen mirroring from my phone to the TV, but it’s not the best experience since all the controls are on the phone.

The only casting that I did while I was using the Chromecast 4K was to cast the Britbox app from my iPad to the Chromecast. Chromecast 4K doesn’t have the Britbox app, which I use quite a bit. Worked great, I could use the Britbox app on the Chromecast 4K that way. Once the app was going on the TV, control was handed off from the iPad to the TV, and the iPad could be closed. Not my favorite way to use an app, but it worked well.

I expect that would also work from an Android phone, Google device → Google device will most likely work well. But again, haven’t tried that, not using an Android phone at the moment.

Any progress on the LG webOS app?

Soon-ish? Or nah?

We are working with LG on approvals but unlike the more mainstream platforms, the process is more nebulous and doesn’t have a dependable timeline.