Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

I may use PLEX a bit differently than others… as my PLEX server runs on its own dedicated Linux (headless) box and I use your tool on my iMac and copy the files over the home network to a shared filesystem where they reside (and are picked up by the plex server) … Why I love your app is I dont have a need to burp and slurp everything from my tablo but just selected episodes of specific shows as needed…

Other folks however might find that feature useful if they run their plex server on the same computer.

I am thinking it is easier that way to pick TV vs Movies. Movies do not always show correctly if you pop them in TV Shows :wink:

Ill give it a shot … I dont know if I have any movies recorded on the TABLO but I can set one up easily enough.

Yea, I do not usually export and I use my iMac for Plex so if I am not home it is probably in sleep mode or turned off. For some reason when plex had their lifetime sale before increasing costs I felt compelled to purchase :stuck_out_tongue:

I didnt … wish I had now … lol…

That was my problem plus I like to do other things with my mac and needing to keep it on … or get a CPU hit from the transcoder was becoming problematic so I built it on its own Linux server (I used OpenMediaVault as a start as I wanted a home NAS solution as well) …

1 Like

I tried Version 0.04c There is a little unexpected change.

I have always chosen this path as an Output Folder: \K:\tmp\Video_Exports

Now it goes here where the pprogram is located: K:\TABLO\TABLO_EXPORTER\tabloexporter\K\tmp\Video_Exports

I am on Windows 7

There was no change to the output folder, I don’t have windows 7 to test only windows 10 :confused:

However a backslash in front of the K: is invalid, maybe that is why?

Sorry. The backslash is a typo. I manually navigated to the folder and I get the path created within the folder the program is installed in. I tried the previous version again and it does not happen. Something changed in the new version.

Another bug I find is the “Sort By Date Aired” selection. It never has worked for me.
The last date is 2015/12/31 That day hasn’t occurred yet. Maybe it has something to do with the day I started to use this program.

It’s still a very useful program. I use it mostly to download manual programs that don’t get listed in the other programs.
thanks for all you hard work.

That is interesting. Ok, I will do some testing here. The aired date is sorted on the date from Tablo. Can you give me an example of what it does with the Aired date?

A show recorded 2015/12/31 is on the top of the list. It is a show that was actually recorded in December last year. There are 8 shows dated 2015/12/* that appear at the top. The rest appears normal

Thanks so much for finding that, yes it was something to do with the year. I never had any shows from last year in my list. But my wife, luckily did, so it is fixed.

Also I did find the bug for Windows, it is fixed also!

Thanks much you can download the correct version now :wink:

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Thank you. It must be difficult to keep up with the different bugs each platform presents.

Well I had to remove the “:” from Mac because it gets changed to “/” so that made no sense and I was already removing “:” from Windows after the drive letter. But for some reason I just did a full replacement of “:” which is why it got screwed up in Windows :frowning: so go figure I injected the bug myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I just tried the latest version with the Plex naming, correct path and “Sort By Date”. Everything works. Thanks again!

Great!! What do you think about adding “Movies” and “TV Shows” to the path for Plex naming??

That sounds good. That’s also done in tablo2go, with a “fail” directory for shows that don’t fit into any category. I call them “documentaries”. Some shows do not work well with Plex naming and I have to use FileBot.

tablo2go keeps a list of shows that are already downloaded and won’t download them a second time unless you change the list. (I record all episodes in case of bad weather) I like the ability you have in the Tablo Exporter to manually add shows to a list if you want to select a different recording date. With the Plex naming, this program is really maturing. It’s also nice to do it all with a GUI.

1 Like

Ok one more fix to the Year on plex movie naming and added the output dir for “Movies” and “TV Shows”.

Plex Naming standard added to this version. Or you can continue using the old way wink

Version 0.04c is available at http://jettsoft.com/products.html

Don’t forget to get the latest version of ffmpeg at https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

Also make sure you have the latest Java from http://www.java.com/en/

Extract the zip file into a directory of your choosing this goes for both ffmpeg and TabloExporter.zip

You can run by double clicking on TabloExport.jar or run from a command line using java -jar (dir you put the jar)TabloExport.jar

Nice work and a totally cool utility! No troubles getting it to run on my Mac and it works great.

I didn’t have the stamina to read through to see if this has already been requested… I would love to have the ability to optionally include the date/time of the original recording as part of the output file name.

The reason is a number of my recorded shows are not including episode numbers or names, only the show name itself. The problem is that it overwrites each time another file is exported. Not all shows are like this but a number of them are. I have a large number of shows in a teaching series that have been recording for over a year that I am trying to offload.

I include the episode name, does it not have that?

Not always. Sometimes only the station number and broadcast call name. That results in a file that is only the show name. Each export overwrites itself in this situation.

Also, some multi-part episodes have the episode name but not part # (e.g. part 1, part 2). This also results in overwrites of the exported file.

For these types of situations having a checkbox to include the recording date/time stamp would be useful.