Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

Ok, guys once I get home I will add the function to export via plex naming… But that will be a few weeks

So here is the downside to Plex naming. As an example that will not conform:

A.D. The Bible Continues has no Episode # in Tablo Data. However in the Plex standard and if you look at TheTVDB.com each episode has a number. So not quite sure how I could do this unless I use thetvdb.com to do the naming. And that would require some major work to make sure I am getting the right data. Now I am not opposed to some work, but it may cause lots of issues trying to do this.

Now having said that, I have a question for @TabloTV about the info for this show. seasonNumber and episodeNumber shows as 0, but in thetvdb.com, tvguide and tv.com it shows a valid season and episode number. Could this be a guide data issue with your provider??

Hrm… Could be.

Mine’s actually showing the series synopsis in Spanish which is super helpful. Will bring this to the attention to the team.

LOL, no comprendo?

Not so much. I’ve studied several languages but the extent of my Spanish is, “Dos margaritas por favor.” :cocktail:

2 Likes

LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

@Jestep - It doesn’t look like there is episode info or even ‘part’ information (like part x of x) for this series which means the broadcaster for some reason hasn’t given it.

That is interesting that every provider I mentioned has it, maybe they put it on there themselves?

Very strange

The season and episode information is going to vary from station to station, etc… can even differ from showing to showing. There’s a reason why SurLaTablo has a way to enhance/override metadata for those.

Are you using thetvdb.com??? Or just adding to it if needed via code?

If you look at naming standard for Plex as an example:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200222378-Naming-TV-Mini-Series

For a mini series, if it does not match thetvdb.com data then the posters, metadata etc won’t show in Plex. That is why I am asking about the season/episode

I could use your help. Please provide info for what I did wrong. I have not used Terminal before.

I see get green progress bar in the Table Export queue showing exporting but nothing else happens.

I downloaded ffmpeg 64bit for osx 10.5 and above.

-bash: /Users/thefamilybuzz/Downloads/tabloexporter: is a directory
CorStephs-Mini:~ thefamilybuzz$ java -jar TabloExport.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile TabloExport.jar

ffmpeg:
Output folder: /Users/thefamilybuzz/Music/AA - Tablo

Mac - OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Well, not sure how you are seeing anything if you are getting that error.

When you run the jar you have to reference the exact location. So that is what this error means “Error: Unable to access jarfile TabloExport.jar”

So did you figure that out and get farther? or do you need help just running the app?

No, I haven’t. I’m stuck.

Ok, so you need to run via the command line as follows:

java -jar /Users/thefamilybuzz/Downloads/tabloexporter/TabloExport.jar

or cd /Users/thefamilybuzz/Downloads/tabloexporter

java -jar TabloExport.jar

Or
just double click on the jar file in Finder, I recommend this as the easiest solution. If you have issues then run from terminal so you can give me the error.

Also, make sure you have the latest Java installed

Let me know if that works for you

Thank you.

1 Like

OK, here is what occurred after I ran the command line as instructed:

CorStephs-Mini:~ thefamilybuzz$ java -jar /Users/thefamilybuzz/Downloads/tabloexporter/TabloExport.jar
This is Version 0.02b build 839
/Users/thefamilybuzz/Music/AA1 - Tablo
/Users/thefamilybuzz/Music/AA - Tablo
tex x = 1170.000000 ps x = 1337.000000
Loading Data for #Steph
Done Loading Data for #Steph
Tablo : #Steph - 192.168.1.10 - 165508
Fri May 15 14:23:40 EDT 2015
Changed!!
http://192.168.1.10:18080/pvr/165508/pl/playlist.m3u8 - General Hospital.mp4 - OS Mac OS X
Start Time:2:23:45 PM EDT
Cannot run program “/Users/thefamilybuzz/Music/AA1 - Tablo”: error=13, Permission denied
End Time:2:23:45 PM EDT
Total minutes processed 0
Not Completed!

Looks like a permission error for the file system. Can you write to that folder yourself?

Sorry. No. I’m am new to this. I will follow instructions in how I can do that.

New to Mac?

You have to have permissions to the folder you want to write to, and that error makes it seem like you can’t. Maybe select a different output folder to try?