Tablo Exits out Randomly Watching Recorded Show - Roku

@PamTinkerbell What version is your Roku on? We’ve had a few folks report the latest update (7.5) appears to have solved this.

@TabloSupport I’m able to confirm I no longer see the random “returns to guide” that were very prevalent prior to Roku v7.5 released earlier this month. I’ve been running 7.5 for ~week and it’s not happened since the update.

2 Likes

Well here it is December 2020 and my new tablo does exactly what this thread was about, exits out of the recorded show near the end twice now on two different shows. Anyone else? Any thoughts on what it needs?

I would manually check for a Roku update. Or try removing and readding the Tablo channel if you haven’t already.

I have last year’s Ultra (4670X), and no problems so far (v9.4.0.4200).

I remember having issues like this with some older Roku models (affected other channels, more than just Tablo), very aggravating, all I could do was wait for a Roku software update.

The ROKU is new, Ultra 2020 model 4800X, ver. 9.4.1.4222-C2. It checks for updates like every day, so it may be fixed. It didn’t happen all the time so I will just have to wait and see. I read somewhere to turn off the bandwidth saver on the ROKU but I don’t have high hopes for that because that only kicks in after 4hours.

This thread talks about exiting anywhere in the recording.

How close to the end is the recording exiting? Could this have anything to do with guide saying the episode runs, as an example, from 8 PM to 9 PM but it actually runs past 9 PM? And if the end is missing could it have anything to do with CS processing.

And if so there were adjustment settings added to allow for a episode to record past the scheduled end time.

This started happening on the new Roku Ultra 2020. It kicked out to the Roku Home page at the end of watching a recording sometime, but not always. I’ve read others are also having recent kick-out issues while live streaming on other apps. This didn’t happen on the prior Ultra 2019, but it could have been a coincidence with a firmware update. It appears to be a Roku issue. I notified Tablo support as a FYI when it first started so they may already be aware. Hopefully Roku will address it with a future update.

I have one of the original Roku Ultra’s and haven’t experienced being kicked out of the Tablo app, but I have been kicked out of the Plex app while viewing a movie. This sounds more like a Roku problem and not an app problem.

It happened about 6 or 8 minutes before the end on a few different shows on different channels.