Tablo crashes back to guide on Roku

When watching a TV channel, on random occasions, I will get thrown back to the guide. I can usually immediately start watching the show again by simply clicking on the channel. But, the channel never stays on for more than 15 minutes or so.

Reducing the recording quality in Tablo settings does not help the issue. This happens most often on my wirelessly connected Roku 3600X but can also happen on my Roku 4 that is connected via ethernet.

Roku 3600X is running firmware 7.2 build 4100
Tablo is running firmware 2.2.10

I have a WD Elements 2TB hard drive attached to my Tablo

Tablo is connected directly to my Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 24 port gigabit ethernet switch via cat 6 cable.

The wireless Roku 3600X is only 15 feet and in direct line of sight of the wireless AP in the room. The AP is a Ubiquiti AC-AP connected via cat 6 cable.

I should also mention that this does not happen when watching the same channel via my wifi connected macbook using a google chrome browser.

I just tested and verified that within 4 minutes of watching the same channel on the roku and macbook, the roku crashed back to the tablo channel menu and the macbook continued to play the channel.

Any help would be appreciated as this is VERY frustrating!

Hey mate, I think you’ve just proved it’s a Roku problem. The Tablo people said they are working with Roku on this issue. This happenes to me but it seems totally random.