Tablo Connect using Apple Airport Extreme in Bridge Mode

For the life of me I can not get it to connect.  I have followed the instructions as listed and it won’t port forward!  Any help/suggestions?  

Where did u set up the forward?

I used the Airport Utility.

OK. So u have another router then to get to the internet if you’d yr airport is in bridged mode yes? If it is then u need to setup the port forward on that router. It may also get confused if you have multiple DHCP servers dishing up IPS. Apple likes to have that enebaled and create its own 10.0.0.x network. U would have to have the port forward be on the same IP range as the TabloTV. If its not thenthungs get a bit trickier. Feel free to pm me if u need more help.

Oh and your primary dhcp server will need to be the dhcp server that is assigning the Tablo its static or assigned address.

@PiX64.  So attempting Tablo connect today.  

• I have an Airport Extreme 6th generation behind a uverse gateway. 
  • AE is set to DHCP and NAT mode.  
  • uverse router forwards all ports to AE.  
I configured the three public port to local port mapping on the AE router.  In addition I and checked the 3 public Tablo ports against my WAN IP using http://www.canyouseeme.org to validate they were open.  All returned successful.  

When I drop iPad off WiFi and into LTE,  try to connect remotely, it doesn’t connect.  I get “unable to find tablo”.  I am confident everything is setup correctly as my security cameras and  NVR ports all get NAT’d the same way.  Am I overlooking something or does this sound like a ticket request to Tablo support? 

Out of curiosity @villaininblack didi you setup the tablo to have a static IP?? I assume you did, but wanted to make sure.

@Jestep Yes, I configured my router to use DHCP reservation to assign the Mac address of the Tablo to a static local IP.

Anyone have any idea what information is being retained in the Tablo during the pairing?  Is this the hardware Mac address and some other combination?

Ok i figured it out.  Walked over to neighbors house and attempted from his wifi and it connected.  So question is to Tablo Support how do we pair a iPad using data i.e. LTE antenna?  Based on this experiment it makes me think mac address is associated with the tablo connect feature.  I wonder if there are any plans to support this feature over data?

I actually can connect via a web browser to Tablo using LTE on Android phone.  My iPad is not Wifi only so I cannot test your scenario, but it seems strange it won’t work over LTE

@villaininblack The iPad connects fine over LTE for me and, I suspect, most others. The MAC address value may very well be used for Tablo connect, but that doesn’t preclude it from working over LTE.

I wish I could point you in the right direction, but I can’t think of what might be causing the issue. A stale route?

Having problems with port forwarding for Tablo Connect using an Airport Extreme and Apple’s AirPort Utility. The first port seems to have no problem mapping without me even configuring anything,

I used the network utility to find open ports, and tried to manually configure to them, but still no matter what I do the last 2 of the 3 public ports are not recognized as being mapped by the Tablo app.

Any help would be much appreciated as I just shelled out for a Tablo lifetime membership for the sole purpose of being able to use Tablo Connect and accessing live tv remotely and have yet to be able to use it.

PS: I am a Plex member as well so if anyone knows any kind of work around using that I’m all ears.

@MJF and @clycke - I had the same problem.

I had an unsecured 802.11b/g/a/n network, and by adding a WPA2 password, the Tablo would run immediate connect against the AeX base station and an AXpress (in bridge) base station (varying locations).

Add a password and report back!

@MJF I’m assuming you’ve got a primary router in the house - from your ISP? Is your Apple hardware set up to bridge to it?

Having problems with port forwarding for Tablo Connect using an Airport Extreme and Apple's AirPort Utility. The first port seems to have no problem mapping without me even configuring anything,

I used the network utility to find open ports, and tried to manually configure to them, but still no matter what I do the last 2 of the 3 public ports are not recognized as being mapped by the Tablo app.

Any help would be much appreciated as I just shelled out for a Tablo lifetime membership for the sole purpose of being able to use Tablo Connect and accessing live tv remotely and have yet to be able to use it.

PS: I am a Plex member as well so if anyone knows any kind of work around using that I’m all ears.

Just wanted to update my last post for anyone who is led to this thread for a similar reason.

After being completely fed up with it, deleted all the manual port forwarding settings in the apple utility causing it to restart, and reset the Tablo unit by pulling its power and upon its restart there was no issue requiring manual port forwarding and everything worked remotely.

Happy it works but somewhat ashamed I didn’t try it sooner.