Tablo Connect to Roku

The gen 2 1080p Fire TV stick using WiFi 5g. Of course I used it mostly for the hdhomerun app. I didn’t care for either fire tv tablo apps when compared to the Roku app. Now that the wife has fired up Plex on the shield the standalone hdhomerun is gone.

I have an rv an have a 50in 4k and a 32in roku tv in addition to the 5 I have in the house. So yes I take the TVs on vacation.

Man, I need to do whatever all you guys that have 7 TVs are doing! :slight_smile:

And that’s just because I ran out of room in my efficiency apartment! There’s a bigger place across the street, but it’s a pain to untarp the Bugatti for the trip.

Actually I’m one of about 8 Million Americans own RV’s These days, the typical RV owner is age 49, married, owns a home and has an annual household income of $68,000. Not to crazy.

The point is this type of thing it getting more needed not less I wish the Tablo team would respond

They have responded in multiple threads when this has been asked for, they say the Roku will eventually get Tablo Connect. But have provided no timeline, and I wouldn’t expect that to change.

You could always get an Amazon Recast instead of a Tablo that has no support for any Roku devices (sarcasm). Plex DVR would be an actual alternative if Roku remote viewing is that important.

Since the Roku remote connect feature has been talked about for around 4 1/2 years, maybe current and potential users can infer how feature requests get prioritized for implementation.

Of course doesn’t the airtv black box use the same xcode processor as the dual lite?

What are you using in the RV for Internet access with enough bandwidth (and data allowance) to use your Tablo remotely?

1 Like

A cradle point router with dual 4g lte Verizon sim cards I bought the old grandfathered unlimited company plans from another person. It streams about 60 to 100 mps NO DATA LIMIT

Most of the rv parks have wifi as well

I get it. Was just surprised by the 7 TVs.

I though 7 might be about correct. If you have 4 children aged close together, they never want to share. You end up with 5 in bedrooms, a living room, a family room, and some one might want one in the kitchen. But I did refuse to put one in the garage. Coax going everywhere.

Have you tried using the Tablo PREVIEW app? It’s available for Android TV and it uses the same back-end communication method as ROKU.

We have addressed this a bunch of times, but in general it the delay has come down to a few different things…

1 - The back-end communication method that Roku uses doesn’t actually support the way Tablo Connect works right now.
2 - Which means it needs to be redesigned and implemented in a brand new way.
3 - And as we work towards that, we want to take the opportunity to make it better, easier, and more impervious to the things that can cause it to fail.
4 - But… there are a thousand other feature requests that we need to weigh against this, that could be enjoyed by a wider population… like commercial skip.

If time, money, and engineering resources were infinite, it would have been done a few years ago. But alas, they are not.

So for the meantime, we’re stuck with the current paradigm.

2 Likes

It looks like Play store won’t allow me to download tablo preview on my phone and tablet. I did try side loading the app a few months ago, and it didn’t seem like it was very touch screen friendly. Maybe I should try again? I would love to try it!

That’s for Amazon Fire devices only (can’t say which ones are supported Fire != Fire and all).

@TabloTV
Funny, Google Play Store states my Samsung Tab S (SM-T700) Android tablet is incompatible, too.
It’s requirement is Android OS v4.2 and up.
Mine is Android OS v6.0.1.

Bump. Probably my most wanted feature: Tablo Connect using Roku (while traveling). thx for your consideration.

Another vote for Tablo Connect using Roku (while traveling). Thanks for your consideration. This feature would make the Tablo subscription worth it for me.