Tablo Connect outside the home

I’m in the second week of the 30-day subscription trial period on my new Tablo and would like to test the remote streaming feature but am not sure how to invoke it on my phone when I’m outside the home. The “Tablo Connect” checkbox in settings does have a checkmark, and though my cell phone is able to stream inside the house, on my home network, I can’t figure out how to do so anywhere else.

Have you tried any of these?

-Search results for: remote connect
(couple selected options:)

73 results for “remote connect”
Knowledge base

…and it just does not work, I suggest you contact tablo support -

Hope they can help :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Yes, I consulted them all before posting.

Do you have an ISP combo modem / router and your own separate personal router? Your setup could be in double NAT.

I’m using my own modem and router, and neither are a combo. And for what it’s worth, I didn’t need to port-forward, as the Tablo auto-config presented me with the “Tablo Connect” checkbox prechecked automatically.

Thanks, I think I’ll just phone support in the morning. I’m sure this is some simple syncing thing that I just ain’t seeing.

Got it working. I checked on a hunch and found my IP address had changed from the time I first downloaded and synced the Tablo Android app to the time I first tried it outside my home network. Uninstalled then reinstalled then resynced the app, switched off my phone’s wi-fi and voila, Tablo Connect is running off of my data plan. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Something to remember: make sure to connect at home before connecting outside the home. I had this issue a couple of times when I was travelling and hadn’t synced at home prior to taking my firestick along with me.