Tablo + Chromecast + Netgear R7000 = Problems

Hey all,

I’m having periodic difficulty casting from the Tablo with the Netgear R7000 router.  It will show the loading screen for a while, then eventually error out and video will resume playing on my laptop/phone.  Rebooting the router fixes this problem, but obviously, it’s annoying to have to do that.

I’m wondering if anyone else has observed this problem.  Since it happens during the interaction of these different devices, it’s a bit difficult to figure out who’s at fault, though I suspect the router firmware/settings plays a role since the reboot helps.

Hi @blaster5k - what’s the rest of your network like? Is your Tablo hardwired to the router, or is it wireless?

Just wondering if you can try a wired connection (or if you already have) and if it improved the results at all.

The Tablo is directly wired into the router.  It’s very much an intermittent issue – I just got it to cast a second ago without issue (aside from funny motion in the football game that makes it look kinda like a movie).

@blaster5K - Some TVs have a setting for motion blur. You might want to check and see if yours does as well. You can turn it on or off. Turning it off should make the football game much clearer.

I have a similar problem with my Netgear R7000. My network configuration is… Incoming internet to a google fiber router, then bridged connection to my Netgear R7000 and then the Tablo is connected to the Netgear router. All wireless connections are connected through my Netgear router.

When I connected the tablo it seems when I enabled the remote access option my Netgear router crashed. The wifi radio was disabled somehow. I disconnected it and now just go through my google fiber router. Anyone else have this issue?