Tablo App and Firestick Conflict

After talking with my ISP and Netgear, I’m convinced there is a conflict between Firestick 4K and the Tablo app. As long as, I dont start the Tablo app I have no problems with the internet and my Firestick.

Please see Tablo Works On One Firestick, But Not On Second - #10 by Nickm

This is a continuation of that thread.

Tablo needs to look at this and feel free to contact me, because I’ve spent hours trying to figure this out!

I suggest you checkout Mouse Toggle as a possible culprit?

Given that thousands of Tablo customers are successfully using their Tablo connected via Firestick devices, it seems unlikely that there is some significant systemic issue with the Tablo.

In your previous post about this issue, you wrote “I like to change my DNS often, It confuses the trackers.” It might just be that the changing of DNS is also confusing the integrity of your local network.

In you many hours of effort, did you simplify your network and stop using your third-party approach to DNS and strip the local network to have your Netgear router control the DNS via DHCP?

1 Like

I have two Firestick 4k’s and one Tablo. Originally I intended to cut the cable, so to speak, and subscribe to Tablo’s service, but when my TV provider gave me an extra large discount for a year, I signed back on.

A few facts: I didnt have any internet problems, until my demo month ran out. Could there be problem caused by the Tablo calling home?

I can only seem to have one Firestick powered at a time.

It is virtually impossible to get the Tablo app to work on my very good Minix U22.

I seem to have a problem with the Mouse Toggle program running on the Firestick that is up.

Once the problem starts, my internet on the Firestick is intermittent at best, but all other internet attached equipment works just fine. The Firestick still can usually see the internet signal, but I still have no internet. My basic internet speed is over 300
I’ve tried changing the DNS on my new router. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Dont think using IP for DNS makes a difference, but need more time with that.

If I restart the modem, router and Firestick, I’m back to normal internet for awhile.

I have 6 different Amazon FireTV devices (FireStick4K, FireStick4K-Max and FireTV Cube), and they all connect to the Tablo without any issues. I also have 6 different Roku devices, and they all connect without issues. Not to mention tablets (both Android & iPad), phones and computers. They all work without any issues.

You stated that you have wifi signal on the device, but no internet - I would think something on the Firestick is causing problems - possibly an app that is running in the background?

Do you subscribe to Tablo’s service?

I have the lifetime subscription on two Tablo DVRs for guide services.

May you live long and prosper.

Note, my problems began after my free month ended.

Im having the same problem with tablo app and Firestick. There is a problem. It say cannot find tablo. Then I have to reboot tablo and Firestick and still don’t work. But when I connect my antenna up directly to the tv it works fine. Then for some reason when I connect back to Tablo then it start working again. Tablo is great when it works but starting to get tired of it not connecting and messing up my recording when it does this. When a new OTA company comes out with no subscription, I’m done with Tablo they are starting to suck.

Hello.

I have so many questions about your post, so please forgive me if I’m missing something.

1. Which Tablo device are you having a problem with?
  2. It sounds like you’re disconnecting your antenna from your Tablo and then attaching it to your television. I don’t understand your reasoning since the Tablo would connect to your TV through a WiFi or Ethernet connection. Is this what you were saying?
  3. What do you mean by “messing up my recording”? What errors are you getting? Is this because you’ve disconnected your antenna and put it on your TV?
  4. Are your Tablo and Firestick on the same WiFi connection?
  5. Are any other devices connecting to your Tablo?
  6. How long have you been having this problem?

Hopefully, somewhere in the answers to these questions we’ll find the solution to your issue. We’ve all struggled with various problems and we’ll definitely try our best to help!

Like someone else said above so many use FireTV devices I really doubt the problem is caused by that “unless” your using one of the very old ones. I use the newest FireTV device and mine works fine, have 2 of them even and never any problems.

Also what Tablo are you talking about and how old is your Stick? I am betting your stick is very old and needs to be updated.

I seemed to have solved the problem. I have an android TV box that doesn’t work well with my Tablo. Once I stopped trying to use the android box and only use the firestick the problem was solved.

@Will_G

I’ve had issues where firestick can’t see Tablo but I’ve noticed when that happens to me, my iPhone can’t see it either and it takes sometimes multiple reboots or unplugging the Tablo for my fire tv’s and iPhone to see the Tablo again.

Suggestion: You may want to get a splitter and connect your antenna on the input and the TV on 1 output and Tablo on the 2nd output. I have Tablo and a TV connected on a 2ghtz splitter; my reason for doing it is if there is an outage and I lose internet capability, Tablo won’t work, so I can still get ota on my tv without having to disconnect or reconnect anything. Storms where I live can be nasty and when that happens it’s good to have TV and music through the antenna without having to mess with cables.

@269587

I think Will might see the same thing that happens to me when recording streaming channels quite often. They get chopped up and don’t record properly. Here is an example and it’s not my internet connection because when it’s happening I’ve been able to get online and check my connection and internet connectivity and upload and download speeds and nothing else has issues.

This is one 2hr show that got chopped up and only got about 40-45 minutes off the actual stream recorded.

This isn’t even an ota channel recording where I would think it might be more susceptible to this type of issue.

The split/chopped/partially recorded saves is getting to be the most annoying things about FAST on these devices. The other is that about 1/4 the time, the FAST channel data is wrong. Not OTA which makes sense, but FAST?! I’m so tired of waking up to a slew of incorrectly labeled recordings. And you can record the same episode 4x and have 4 different shows!

1 Like

This works!!
The KEY issue is you must download the Tablo app on the tv.

Each tv is different so I’m giving some basics.

What you need to do

1. Download the app on phone
  2. On TV - SEARCH for Tablo app
  3. On back on phone go to settings and rescan channels
  4. click the channels you DON’T want.
  5. In Guide, if you want to set up favorite channels click on program NOT channel icon , look for the + sign then follow the instructions. You maybe able to setup recordings here IF you clicked on the program to set channel otherwise follow steps again in # 5.

Again this is only basic!
Hope this helps!
68 yr granny