Tablo Android Mobile App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.1.1)

Hi folks!

An update is available for the newest Tablo Android mobile app for 4th generation Tablo devices.

This update adds search capabilities and has some bug fixes so make sure to update to the latest and greatest.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Android Mobile App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.1.1)

• Adds search
  • Bug fixes & performance improvements

As always, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to post them below or touch base directly with support.

@TabloTV & @TabloSupport … Can’t wait to see what’s fixed in this new version. Anything specific that stands out?

We’ll have to wait for an official post, but I noticed search is now available in the Android App.

That’s awesome.

I also didn’t realize until the other day how easily the last version allowed you to switch devices. I use the mobile version mainly for setup, so I’m sure there’s a few other improvements I’ve missed in it.

Can’t wait to put this new TV/stick version to the test over the next few days. Glad things are getting better!

1 Like

WOAH.

I was just using commercial skip and the show continued playing in the background… WTF!?

Freaked me out a little bit, and I’m not sure how I feel about it, but I think some people are really going to like this feature.

Even with the recording playing in the background, the icons showed up perfectly and the responsiveness of selecting the next video section was very snappy.

So far, even on a 3 year old Android TV, it’s giving off a very good vibe. Despite the old bugger’s sluggishness, the new Tablo TV app feels pretty good. If it needs to have the recording playing as I fast forward or rewind in order to maintain this fresh feeling, it’s worth it.

Just waiting for the new Amazon version to test this out on my other FireTV & sticks.

First impression of 1.1.1? Gotta say it, great job, Tablo!

Wow - The skip works great! The preview frames are sharp and the jump is very responsive. I see what you mean about the video playing in the background, but I kinda’ like that.

This is a major improvement :clap::clap::clap:.

BTW, you can pause the video first, then skip forward and the video will not play in the background. Then when you select the frame you want to advance to, the video starts playing again from there.

1 Like

It should be noted that if you’re fast forwarding or rewinding, you need to continue to press a button within about 3 seconds. If you don’t, the popup will disappear and your video will continue playing from the point you pressed your first directional button.

(I discovered this when I dropped my remote while skipping through commercials just a little bit ago.)

Addendum: If you press “ok” after the popup has disappeared, it will jump to the point where you had tried to fast forward to – yes, even if the popup is not displayed. So, make sure that’s where you want to be in your program before doing that.

Wow …I just watched TV through the phone app at home …is that new?

Btw …the phone app works on my Chromebook too

I can’t say how long it’s been doing this or which version it started in, but since I started using mine about a couple months ago, the mobile app lets you watch live TV and recordings. You can even cast from it to another chrome device (just not to a Roku unless you’ve got an AirPlay compatible app.)

2 Likes