Tablo Android Mobile App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.0.5)

Happy Friday folks!

An update is available for the newest Tablo Android mobile app for 4th generation Tablo devices.

This update has several bug fixes so make sure to update to the latest and greatest.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Android Mobile App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.0.5)

• Fix for issue with stuttering on playback
  • Fix for issue where scrolling live TV grid rapidly could cause a crash
  • Fix for playback of in-progress recordings to begin at start vs. live position
  • Adds improved library screen
  • Adds improved error handling on playback of live and recorded TV
  • Adds firmware update prompt notifications
  • Other bug fixes and performance improvements

As always, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to post them below or touch base directly with support.

Good to see some bugs got fixed, but the third party launcher bug is still not fixed. So, the app is still unusable for me and many others.

1 Like

I recently acquired a Tablo Gen4 using Chromecast with Google TV. Tablo app v1.0.4 was unusable and I was thinking of returning my device. The v1.0.5 update is better, but I still experience excessive spinning circles, app crashes, and hangs requiring force-stopping.

This issue is improved, but still poor for live tv channels.

Fast scrolling the live TV grid still crashes the app.

Additional issues:

• The Chromecast app sometimes fails to start, with a spinning circle forever until the app is force stopped.
  • With DVR playback, we ended up with an error “unable to decode” in the middle of a stream. We couldn’t fast forward or rewind after that point and ended up in a loop of “retry”. We had to delete the recording. I would have rather skipped the bad spot and watch the reminder of the recording.
  • We setup a recording via the mobile app, but the show didn’t record. There’s no log to see what happened.

Important missing features:

• There doesn’t seem to be a place to see all of our series recordings to change series options or delete the series.

Hi there - This update was only for the mobile version of Android so it wouldn’t have affected your experience on your Chromecast with Google TV.

There will be an app update for that coming soon.

1 Like

I was on vacation last week, but I tried it out today, and live TV now plays like I expect it to. I haven’t played around with it for hours yet, but it looks good so far.

Firmware update worked flawlessly. It showed all 3 phases and resumed to the main menu after reboot was complete.

1 Like

I have this same issue about 1 of 5 recordings. I have DVR set to record one show on one channel at same time each day Mon-Fri. About once a week I get his same error during playback (I play back on a FireTV Cube app). In most cases, if I hit the RESET and IMMEDIATELY fast forward, I can get past the bad patch and continue the playback. Sometimes takes a couple of tries. Very annoying, I know.

I have found that if I do a channel rescan about every four days, I seem to minimize the bad playback problem.

Good luck.

The buffering issue on live is much better. The issue with a 2nd launcher is still a problem.

1 Like

Thank god u fixed the studdering, thx, now fix roku problems lol