Tablo Andriod App Cache Storage usage issue?

Ive just discovered that the Tablo App on my chromecast was using over 2.2 GB of storage on the chromecast causing the chromecast device to hardly function because the storage was full. the Chromecast only has 4.4 GB of total storage. All other apps use between 50-200mb maximum.

Im assuming its growing due to the constant need to fetch new guide data, but it appears it might not be clearing old guide data out of local app storage. Causing the total app storage usage to balloon until your streaming device runs out of storage and slows to a crawl.

Anyone else notice this? Is this a bug? Is my guess on the right track to what might be happening? I ended up clearing the apps cache in the chromecast settings and it dropped down to a normal 160mb of usage and the device started working like normal again.

Something seems wrong if I will need to constantly check on the apps storage use on the chromecast device so it doesnt brick the chromecast.

How are you exiting the app? Pressing home and going about your day or hitting the back button until it asks you to exit?

Trying to figure out how to duplicate this. I haven’t seen this on any of my devices… yet? lol

No set process. sometimes i just turn the device off, sometimes i go back to guide page and then turn device off, sometimes i click home on chromecast remote to go to the chromecast home. sometimes i click back until i get the exit tablo option. Its never consistent. But it shouldnt matter in my opinion. No other app on the device has this issue. We have 3 chromecast devices and tablo was using a lot of local cache data on all 3.

Hi Seth,

Just to be safe, I’ve contacted our development team about this. They’re taking a look.

1 Like

During my working years we had it drilled into our heads to do complete menu driven “yes” log-offs from the erp system. People would simply turn off their monitors/computers at night and go home leaving their logins active. This would prevent certain nightly process from starting because of file lockouts by all the people still logged in. This may be a completely different situation, but I became a “log off” person.

Eventually IT added some programming to do forced log offs after so much inactivity. That became very annoying LOL.

This happened to me as well. Data was above 4Gb for the tablo app, causing choppy playback and Bluetooth headphone connectivity issues. Cleared the data, restarted the Chromecast, and all is well again.