Tablo and Kodi 18 Leia

Had Tablo working with Kodi 17.6 (Krypton). Doesn’t appear to be working with Kodi 18 Leia release 4 (64 bit version). Freezes after initial screen. Anyone connecting to Tablo under Kodi 18? Android (7.1) version on same T95Z box works fine.

Kodi’s up to 18? Looks like Kodi’s catching up to Ubuntu (I’m on 18.10). I’m still using Krypton 17.6, I didn’t even know there was an upgrade. I might log into Aptoide TV and sideload that to my Air TV just for fun. Did pull your Tablo app from the standard / built in repository? Or pull it in from elsewhere?

Kodi 18 is in beta with final release just around the corner. It’s a complete rewrite of past code from the XMBC world when things were cobbled together on an as-need basis.

Leia is very fast (fastest version I’ve encountered)! Also introduces retro gaming as an integral part.

Tablo is part of the standard repository. Still has the same version number so it doesn’t appear Nuvyyo did anything with it for the Leia version. They might have to take a look at it…

Tablo on Kodi (17.6) had the best picture quality through my T95Z (until I got my LG TV).

I installed v18, Tablo doesn’t work. I might load & install the Tablo apk from apkpure, just for the heck of it, see if it works any better than the (standard) app from Kodi repository.

It’s a pity Tablo doesn’t work with Kodi 18. Thus far my T95Z Kodi box is giving me the best picture quality for my LG TV on all other streaming channels! But that’s to be expected given its Mali GPU. Nuvyyo will have to fix their Tablo Kodi addon because version 18 is a major release coming very soon…

@TabloTV
@TabloSupport

I had a brief opportunity to play around with this, still can’t get Tablo to work (it just freezes, then freezes Kodi). I’ve noticed there is already an update to Kodi 18 as I get a notification / warning when I boot it up.

Yep, I’ve had to roll back to Kodi 17 on my living room box so we could use the Tablo player (which gives us the best Tablo picture quality apart from the LG itself). Pity because Kodi 18 is so much faster than 17. Think we should pop Nuvyyo a message to Support in case they are not aware of this problem? I am also excited about 18 because it is 64 bit (both my player and Android are 64 bit). Wonder if it is the 64 bit things that is causing Tablo problems. I haven’t tried the 32 bit Kodi 18 but I don’t want to go there anyway with everything being 64 bit on that box…

This particular T95Z box is also my living room 4K player.

That might be it. I’m keeping it on my Air TV player, so I can experiment & play around with it, and besides which, I already have the dedicated Tablo app on there, so I won’t be lacking either way.

I sent an email to Support at Nuyvvo detailing the Tablo\Kodi 18 issue. As long as they know about it…:thinking:

Staying on 17 is not an option - 18 is so much more performant! The speed of Kodi 18 is impressive.

Nuvyyo Support acknowledged receipt of email and passed this issue on to Tablo staff :grinning:

I’ve discovered some other packages that don’t work with 18 (eg. Crackle).

I haven’t tried much on this. Comet, Shout Factory, Haystack and a few others. Tablo app doesn’t just fail, it crashes Kodi (or Kodi crashes it) and freezes everything up. I’m going to give it a month or two, check back in and see if anything’s changed.

Hi Guys,

This is just a little note to let you know that I fixed the kodi addon for Tablo for use with Kodi 18(Leia). I still have a little bit of work to do to make but it is working quite well. I should put it online pretty soon.

Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Is there an update to this? it has been over a month since the last one, which sounded like it was pretty much done.

I just recently installed Kodi 18 on a new Raspberry Pi. I was quite excited to see an official Tablo app in the repository. I was equally disappointed when it did not work. I finally found this discussion thread and this article: ## [Now Available - KODI Add-On for Tablo] stating:

****** NOTE - Tablo support for KODI has been discontinued at this time. ******

I wrote to support and was advised that:

Unfortunately, this app is no longer supported, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We do thank you for providing this feedback, and I have passed your suggestion on to our team here, we are always looking for ways to improve the Tablo experience!

I really do hope they update it for Kodi 18. I am still enjoying the Tablo, but I did specifically purchase it for use in Kodi.

Same here but looks like we are done on using this I guess I will have to cancel my sub. I don’t see any since in have a 60inch TV that I cannot watch this content on because the vendor wants me to us a per to use service.

I also purchased a Tablo specifically to use with Kodi. Right now, the device is worthless. :frowning: Did you ever find any workaround to at least import the Tablo recordings into Kodi or any other PVR on Kodi?

Can’t you run Plex under Kodi?

Did you ever find any workaround to at least import the Tablo recordings into Kodi or any other PVR on Kodi?

I am currently using the Tablo app for my Samsung television. I am able to use Tablo Ripper on my computer to export the recording off of the Tablo and then place them into a folder on a USB drive for viewing on Kodi. I seldom do this since it is a many-step process. I really wish they would just update the app for Kodi.