Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.1.3)

Hi folks -

A tensy update is available now on Android TV and Amazon Fire TV for the newest Tablo app for 4th generation Tablo devices.

This update includes some small but useful tweaks to playback behavior.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.1.3)

• Adds improvements to make it easier to fast-forward and rewind during playback of live and recorded TV

About This Release

Playback will now pause automatically after you rewind or fast forward, and buttons/flags have been added to playback of live TV to indicate when you’re at the live point and allow you to scrub to the live point if you are viewing an earlier point in the program.

As always, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, please post them below or touch base directly with support.

2 Likes

Was tinkering with the Android TV version a little last night and I think it feels slightly more responsive than the quick fix.

Couple of app reboots already though, but not every few minutes like it has been. This does seem to be a more stable version so far. I hope the improvements keep coming!

(Whether the playback continues or pauses doesn’t bother me. Whichever works best and that people prefer is fine with me.)

Glad to see another update and I’ll keep playing around with it. Hopefully, Amazon will send their update through soon and I can check out that one on my other devices.

Can we please make the center/select button always act as pause/play while watching a show?

Basically every other streaming app I have, I can switch between Ff/Rew & pause without needing to arrow up/down between the progress bar and the pause icon.

It gets very frustrating when there’s something on screen for just a moment that I want to pause to see. Rewind, start playing, press center button, (muscle memory) nothing happens, miss it again, rewind again, start playing, press down, try to pause, 1/2 second too slow miss it, rewind AGAIN slightly further, start playing, arrow down, pause/unpause repeatedly to not miss it a third time.

Never had this issue with YouTube, YouTubeTV, Hulu etc.

1 Like

I’ve thought about this a lot myself. On a remote with only a D-pad and no FF/RW, this can be a little annoying. If OK defaulted to pause, even after using your directional keys to move through the video, once you pressed OK again to resume, hitting OK should be pause/play. Even on remotes with FF/RW, I’ve started the habit of moving my default action to the pause/play button so that I can quickly hit OK and pause when I’d like. It’s not very often you need to turn captions on or off quickly, so when that’s the last action I’ve chosen, it’s mildly irritating to use “down, left, ok” to pause. (I’m with ya on this one, maybe they’ll move this to feature requests).

Wow, sorry. I hadn’t realized how awkward the new FF/RW was in this latest version.

It’s a great improvement to not have the OK button default to it’s last use, but hopefully they can change it so that a single press will be pause/play. You already have to press OK for your show to continue from a selected point, so this should be possible. Even if it were like YouTube and you had to press OK for display and OK to pause (or the opposite), I think it simplify the process and feel a little smoother.

Thank you @Egon for reminding me how odd this behavior is. I’ve already grown so accustomed to it that I hadn’t thought much about it.