Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.1.1 & 1.1.2)

Hi folks -

An update is available now on Android TV and Amazon Fire TV for the newest Tablo app for 4th generation Tablo devices.

This update has a few small bug fixes we wanted to get out before the holidays so make sure to update to the latest if your device doesn’t have automatic updates enabled.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.1.1)

• Bug fixes & performance improvements

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App (4th Gen) Update (v. 1.1.2)

• Fix for issue with search

As always, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, please post them below or touch base directly with support.

2 Likes

@TabloSupport @TabloTV

Anyone else having issues with the search function in the latest version of the Tablo app?

I can run a search, but when I click on a title, it looks like a window or something wants to slide in from the left, and after it covers the screen, the app crashes. This is going on for my Android TV and Firestick and FireTV.

Hi @269587,

You are correct, a bug was discovered that caused the application to crash in search. A hotfix has been deployed to resolve this, and should be available soon!

2 Likes

That was amazingly fast work, @Tablo. My Android version for TV s upgraded (to 1.1.2) and search is working. Hopefully, the FireOS version will show up soon.

I was glad to have the added search function on the mobile app. Great work, guys.

The Android & FIre version of the app has an amazing way of letting you continue where you left off. It’s great to have the feature in case I need to back out of my program to check into something, and having it there when I return to the app from elsewhere .

If I’ve fully watched a recording, obviously it doesn’t show up. However, I can’t find a way to make it go away unless I start a new show or watch something live. This isn’t a huge issue, but when it’s still there after deleting a recording, it’s quite irksome. Not sure why it doesn’t realize the file is now gone, and it only happens on the TV/stick I was originally watching it on and exiting the Tablo app does not change the notice.

The only other way I’ve found to make it stop is to force quit the app and clear data. Again, this is only a minor issue, but I was wondering if anyone else had come across this and how they’ve handled it.

I can’t say in which version this issue started, but I know it’s been happening in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.

(Starting a live show to remove the “You’re Watching” section is a super easy fix, but if I understand how the Tablo works, now you’ve technically got a timeshift started and this seems like a waste of CPU as well as drive storage. Please correct me and help me understand this if it’s not the case.)

Edit: Disconnecting from the Tablo and switching Tablo devices has zero effect on this issue.