Tablo 4th gen was working on Chromecast 4k and now won't connect

Tablo was working perfectly with Chromecast 4k and now the Chromecast can’t find the Tablo. Tried rebooting Tablo, I installed latest firmware, and also rebooted router. My android phone and iPad have no trouble connecting. However my Amazon Fire Cube can’t find it either. I have the correct app installed. I don’t want to factory reset and lose all my recordings.

Try re-starting both the Chromecast and Fire Cube devices. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Tablo apps on Chromecast and Fire Cube. (*Make sure you’re installing the newer 4th gen Tablo app with the current logo you see on the top of this page, not the older app with the white background.) None of those steps will cause you to lose any recordings.

My best guess - and it’s totally just a guess! - is that maybe your router reassigned the Tablo’s address, and that those two devices aren’t finding it. If that’s the case, I’m hoping those steps can trigger them to see it.

I’ve discovered that simply deleting (clear) data for the app is all that’s required. You don’t need to uninstall and reinstall every time.