Tablo (4th Gen Only) Firmware Release 2.2.46

Hi there Tablo family -

A new Tablo firmware update is on the way for 4th generation Tablo devices.

(This excludes ALL legacy Tablo DVRs.)

When your device is eligible for the update, a notification will pop up within your Tablo app and will look something like this:

Here’s what you can expect:

Release notes for Tablo (4th Gen Only) Firmware 2.2.46

• Improvements to autodelete algorithm to better manage internal storage space
• Fix for Wi-Fi setup for customers with a small subset of router types
• Change to ‘extend live recordings’ setting
• Other bug fixes and improvements

NOTE: The white LED will blink until the Tablo has checked in to our servers.

About This Release

The change to the ‘extend live recordings’ setting is to reduce the additional time added to a live recording to just 30 minutes. Season/series finales have also been omitted.

Currently, the setting automatically adds 50% of the total scheduled time for live recordings and season/series finales, up to a maximum of 2 hours.

Now it will be limited to just 30 minutes on any live recording. However, if you’d like to add up to 3 extra hours of recording time to any program, you can do so via the airing/series recording options.

If you have trouble connecting to your Tablo after the update, wait 10 minutes, then reboot the Tablo and try again.

For other tips and tricks on successful firmware updates, head over to the Support Portal.

If you have any feedback or questions about this release, please post them below.

If you need support assistance, place a ticket and we’ll be in touch soon.

Where did this change come from. Most live events are sports. I get 11-12 NCAA foorball games every saturday. I don’t do series recordings but select the events I want to record. So series recordings option doesn’t work. A user could use manual recordings but I don’t think that is working either. More reasons to stay with legacy devices or move on.

1 Like

To clarify, all the recording options including extending time are available on both SERIES and SINGLE AIRING schedules. So with your football example, it would be possible to extend just a single game.

So every live sports event I have to take the extra steps.

To show you how ridiculous the 30 minute auto live extension is consider that any U.S. out door event between may and october is subject to lightning deleay. The minimum time of a lightning delay is 20 minutes. What does that say about a 30 minute extend time - useless.

FOX,ABC, and CBS all do back to back college football broadcasts where the second and subsequent game is delayed by the extending of a previous game. What does that say about a 30 minute extend time - useless.

1 Like

Wow that update took about a minute (or less) to complete.

Good thing I don’t watch sports :laughing:. I do agree however. It seems like a better option would be to let the user select how long an automatic extend is - 30 min, 60 min,…up to 3 hours, with the default being 30 min. 50% seemed like an odd choice though.

2 Likes

Then make it one settable value selected in the settings menu rather then having to set a value on every recording Time for the spouse to dust off plex on shield and make sure the software is up to date…

1 Like

Yes, having a new global setting for this while still having the available override for individual recordings would probably be best.

Good news and bad news. The good news is now the Tablo is filling out the screen properly instead of squaring into a corner. Also my main TV seems to be working fine with it. However, my secondary TV still has a problem of playing for a few seconds, then the picture freezes and that’s that. It is an older set that is 740p. I have the Roku express with both sets. I’ve restarted the Roku with new firmware but that second TV just won’t play ball.

Can you move secondary to main location to see if it is a WIFI strength problem.

Updated fine, thx

That LIVE extension applies to anything tagged as live, not just sports. SNL ends up being about 2:15 instead of 1:30.

where I live the Live version of SNL is 1 hour and 33 minutes. So with the new firmware the recording should be 2 hours and 3 minutes.

This firmware update prevents me from watching any of my saved content in the library. Who else is having this issue?

Tablo, roll back to the last stable firmware version until the v2.2.47 firmware is available!

My TabloTV has been stuck for about 14 hours on the screen “Firmware Update In Progress”, Step 1 of 3, “Do not unplug or reboot your Tablo while the update is in progress.”
What else can I do?

It’s a tablo firmware update not an app update. If you had a different device you could connect and see if the firmware update was done and the app didn’t display the message. Of you could exit the app and restart the app and see if the update is done. Or …

I am having the same issue but only on my Fire Stick. Recordings play fine on mobile devices.

1 Like

This firmware update is STILL not allowing me to watch recorded shows on my Fire Stick apps. Can you please provide an update on what is happening with your attempts to fix this and how long you expect it to take?

More info here:

1 Like

I’ve had Tablo 4 for about a month. It connected to my TV with ChromCast.
Everything worked very well until your recent 2.2.46 update.
Since the update:
Tablo started to lock up.
I lost all of my scheduled saved programs.
The Tablo would not connect through Wifi.
I switched to wired connection and it connected and scanned for channels. It found 72 channels and started to load the guide.
The guide only shows schedules for the 6 lowest channels.

To see other channels I have to pick the channel from the channel column. I can not see the schedule.

I can see the schedule on my phone through the Tablo app.

I contacted help with Gmail and got a ticket, but no help.