Tablo 4th gen - No video on Fire Tablet

I have had my Tablo TV for a little over a week. Works great everywhere except my Fire HD 8 (10th Generation) tablet. Upon selecting something to watch (OTA or FAST does not matter) the screen is black with good audio. I can return out of the black screen and maneuver thru the app/guide/etc… But get the same black screen whenever I pick something to watch.

My tablo tv is version 2.2.46 and the app on the tablet is 1.0.7. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

My fire tablet does exactly the same thing, just audio blank screen. Yet another headache

This sounds like an issue related to the version of Android that Amazon runs on the Fire tablet, specifically the video Codec within the Android OS version. Not sure what you can really do about that.

Same issue here. Hopefully this can get fixed

Since AZ’s fire tablets use older versions of Android and tweak them to their own pleasure (and restrict so many neat features), it likely could be due to that. Correct me if I’m wrong, since I no longer have any one, but from this conversation, it sound like there is a version of the Tablo app in their store. It might be worth checking out if you are able to sideload the regular Android version instead?

My fire tablet is a Fire HD 10 2023 release. I downloaded the tablo tv app straight from Amazons file site. Everything is up to date and still no video after playing channels.

The Amazon store is great for making sure that apps are compatible with your fire tablet devices. I’m just wondering if it’s the same version as the Android one (I’m using Tablo android version 1.1 with 2.2.47 Tablo firmware), since, like Google, they might hold off on releasing the true latest version just to make sure it will work on your device.

As Seeker336 mentioned…

Amazon does use older versions of Android that they’ve forked into their own FireOS. That was why I suggested trying a sideloaded, possibly up-to-date version of the app.

I will try that when I get home, thank you

I just confirmed that I also have Tablo app version 1.1 and firmware version 2.2.47

Upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.1. Still have a black screen on my tablet.

When I read a prior comment about it being amazon using older version of android I thought that made sense. but now I am thinking that should not be it. If the app is in the amazon library then it should work.

I’m with ya there. You’d think an app Amazon approves in their store should work just fine (sadly, this isn’t always true). All I can decipher from this is that the version numbers are the same – TY for checking that. It still might be worth a sideloading attempt, but I have little hope that will help. Only Tablo themselves know if it’s truly the same app version. Then we could discover if the fault lies in the software, the hardware, or the OS. Two of you seem to be having an issue with the exact same device. Hopefully, that helps with the trouble shooting. Sorry, I’m out of ideas ATM.

I have multiple Amazon fire devices. The only one that the 4th gen app doesn’t work on is the Fire tablet 8 HD. It works on all the fire tv sticks, fire echo show 15, the the fire tablet 10 and 11 MAX. The 8 HD was working with version 1.04 of the tablo tv app. Running the newer aps caused the audio no video as mentioned and caused the tablet to have slow reponse to inputs. I could uninstall the new ap and install the version 1.04 ap and everything worked well until the system does an automatic update of the ap.

1 Like

The Fire/Android TV version has an option in the settings for Surround Sound. IDK if it’s in the tablet version, but may be worth a shot? I know some have had luck turning this on for their TVs.

I have the exact same issue of no video but good audio on my Fire Tablet HD 10 (13th Generation) using version 1.1.4 of the Tablo app. I downloaded the app from the Amazon app store. Tablo Firmware version is 2.2.50. Tablo works fine on TVs but not on Tablet.

I tried a sideload APK. Nothing changed. Still no Video

1 Like

I installed the Google play store on my old fire 5th gen tablet and installed Tablotv app from the play store. It works perfectly, now to try out on my fire 8 HD plus!!

1 Like

No luck on my Fire tablet 8 HD Plus. I’ll keep trying!!

That’s interesting. I wonder why the apps would vary so much.

Have you tried to side load JUST the TabloTV app on your HD8+?

I’m seeing the same behavior. My old 10" Fire tablet shows Tablo video fine, but not my newer Fire 8" tablet. Probably not coincidentally, this is the same behavior I saw with the the Fire Recast apps on those two tablets.

I suspect a video codex is missing from the Fire 8" tablet.

1 Like

I did try that, it wouldn’t work. it’s also strange that it still does not work on my Fire 8 HD Plus. I will keep working on that one!

1 Like