Tablo 4th audio playback off

With a legacy Tablo, I have had A/V sync issues occasionally. It really has nothing to do with signal strength or noise. I had a set of 4 recordings, all on the same channel. One was wonky, the other 3 were good. There was overlap between them, and the “end” of the previous recording, where the next show started, was fine, but the main recording was off, including the 15 seconds it overlapped with the end of the previous show.

How it’s off depends on how it was viewed. I have an HDMI. Playing natively (same interface as FireTV/GoogleTV), the video is jumpy, with lots of pauses. The audio is fine, but way out of sync. On a Roku, I think the video was mostly fine, but the audio would pop in and out. Also FF on either would often end with just a spinning circle.

Hard to say what causes it. I’m not really certain it has anything to do with signal or noise, but some glitch in creating the recording.

Did not put a signal amplifier on the antenna because we are so close. Interesting, before I hooked up my antenna, I was able to pull in the major networks directly to my TV with NO antenna at all (or just the internal antenna if it has one). Signal strength was pretty low (3 of 8 bars and around 19db gain). But the picture was great.

Signal strength on the Tablo app is 4 green on all the channels in my lineup (I only have NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, PBS selected). They are all digital channels.

Okay, that helps. It gives us easier things to try.

My suggestion would be to run a couple channel rescans. Using your current setup, take note of which stations are coming in and how strong. Then, look at your Tablo amplification settings, switch that to the opposite of what it is now, and rescan. Check for differences, and if need be watch a few stations on each setting to see how they come in.

(I say this is easier, because the simpler the setup, the less things to monkey with. For example, I have a powered antenna on one device and it took a while to find a combination of amp on/off that worked right.)

Channel scans are all good with and without the amplifier…

How is your live playback of the channel you experienced your issue with?

Live viewing has been fine. Recorded the same show last night (NBC Nightly News) and two other local news shows on different channels (ABC and CBS). Playback was very good on all recordings with only a slight sync error between voice and video. You had to really look for it to notice. The only thing I changed from the previous night was turning on the Tablo amplifier (I had it turned off for the first recording because I knew my signal strength was great and I didn’t want to overgain the signal). Don’t understand the physics of why that would help but it seems to have solved the problem.

Roku reboot fixed the audio sync issue for me.

Same issue, totally out of sync and in some points had dual audio streams overlaying each other. It doesn’t seem like Tablo reads or cares about this thread. Is this just a place to try and get users to troubleshoot Tablo’s issues for them?