I’m using a custom home NAT solution and for unrelated reasons, I’m not running with UPnP active. Tablo complains about this:
Alright, no problem, I’ve added a NAT redirect for the requested ports:
# ipnat -l |grep 192.168.1.12
rdr wm0 0.0.0.0/0 port 21080 -> 192.168.1.12 port 80 tcp/udp
rdr wm0 0.0.0.0/0 port 21081 -> 192.168.1.12 port 443 tcp/udp
rdr wm0 0.0.0.0/0 port 21082 -> 192.168.1.12 port 8887 tcp/udp
Let me stop here to specify that the above lines are the NAT rules. wm0 is my external adapter. What follows are the active NAT mappings after loading up the settings app and clicking “Re-Test Port Mapping” (with my IP sanitized)
Note that the redirects are present and match the requested ports. From where I’m sitting, the configuration at the router is A-OK.
Still, Tablo insists that the mappings are broken. The one exception, I might add, is port 443, which was green even before I added the port maps to my NAT config.
I feel I should mention that the Tablo has acted strangely ever since I plugged it in on my network. It seems to frequently be confused about its own address, and it gave me trouble during activation. Still, it can stream just fine from within my network.
Just to confirm that the port forwards do work, I use a browser from outside my network to access the public port for private port 80. As expected, the Tablo responded with the “Nuvyyo Tablo Server” blank page.
Have you actually tried using your phone or tablet remotely with the Tablo app? I occasionally get the port forwarding msg from the Tablo but “Tablo Connect” always works as I know the ports are forwarded correctly.
I seriously can’t bridge the routers. Bridge mode crashes the WD router. Part of the issue with bridging is that this router is firmwared up to bridge with SaskTel Max, as I’m not the only one having issues with port forwarding, and the workarounds don’t work because of the original intended purpose.
There was a port forwarding conflict. I had the Tablo setup on the 2 Wire for portforwarding, and not the MyNet 750. I forwarded the Tablo on the MyNet 750 and then I forwarded the MyNet 750 on the 2 Wire with same ports opened. Don’t know why it worked, but there it is.