Smart Scheduling - let us choose the channel

Hi, I see this request has been discussed in many other threads over the last couple of years and it is apparently on the big list of features to add. Any chance this is coming in the near future? I would love to choose a priority channel when setting up a series. For example, I prefer shows to be recorded on 2.1 (NBC) but the same show is also on CTV Two or City. The Tablo seems to always choose any channel but the one I want (I’m not going to delist the other channels).

This thread is 2 1/2 years old, but there’s still no update on this. Smart Scheduling automatically selects the US channel, even though the Canadian channel should be much stronger. Any word on fixing this? Shows sometimes don’t finish recording because signal fails.

1 Like

I would rather have higher resolution. Record in HD if possible. Should be able to choose the channel in any case. I have at times disabled certain channels.
We don’t watch commercials no matter where they come from. We record and fast forward through them.

I am new to Tablo, but I think this can be done by setting up a manual recording schedule. You choose the channel, day(s) and time(s). You choose if you want it recorded just once or ongoing. The show’s artwork will have a purple triangle in the upper right corner in the Tablo guide rather than the usual orange triangle.

The manual schedule will record whatever is shown on that channel on the day and time you select. It doesn’t follow the show. It records that time slot on that channel, so if the show gets moved, you will need to update the settings.

I thought it would be helpful if there were a lot of desired shows on the same night. Some of the shows will be shown multiple times as reruns throughout the following week. The manual scheduling can be used to record one of the predictable reruns in an off-time, so the prime time slots are used for shows that don’t have reruns.

The only way I know to schedule a manual recording is to go to my.Tablotv.com.
2. have your laptop connect with your Tablo
3. click on menu icon in upper blue bar on the left side (3 horizontal white lines)
4. click on ‘Scheduled’ (the 6th item)
5. click on the plus sign (+) in the upper blue bar on the right side
6. A window labeled ‘Schedule Manual Recording’ pops up.
7. Fill it in. If you want the recording to stop earlier, because you know PBS ends its shows after 45 minutes, then only record for 45 minutes.
8. click done (to save your request)
9. click the X above the upper right corner of the window to close the window.
10. repeat steps 5 through 9 to schedule additional manual recordings.

If you know of an easier way to get to the ‘Schedule Manual Recording’ window let me know.
I can’t say it is convenient or intuitive, but it is doable.