Slow Syncing on Android?

I would doubt the thumbnails for FF are stored locally on a mobile device. That would seem wasteful of memory. I would think those would be pulled down when the show is being initially buffered to play. If someone has oodles of spare time it would be interesting to capture the exchange with wireshark and see what is going on.

@TabloSupport when Syncing what is copied to the local device? Just the guide and itā€™s pictures along with the list of any new recordings or what? Are the thumbnails not downloaded until we are watching a recording?

@js98 I thing the images for the egg might sync but the thumbnails come when we click on a link to watch a recording. Likewise the recordings arenā€™t stored on the local deviceā€¦only the name of the recording.

@TabloSupport You never answered the last question from @beastman, and Iā€™d also like to know what the app syncs, exactly. Like him, my phone - Galaxy S7 - is plenty fast and Iā€™m literally sitting next to my Linksys WRT1900ACS wifi router. My Tablo is connected via wire to my home network. We have 29 channels. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s more or less than normal, but it would be nice to know what takes so long to sync.

I sync 35 channels and when I do a complete channel search and resync it take about 45 mins.

All the images. If the same show is on multiple times is there only one image or one for each time it is on?

Why syncing still takes upwards of 5 minutes when I log in from the Android app every couple of weeks? This feels like a version 1 issue that shouldā€™ve been fixed long ago.

I have a normal amount of shows recording (average 5 recordings per day, due to daily shows).

If you log on to your mobile device less than once every two weeks, Tablo will need to do a full resync.

The more recordings and channels you have, and the slower the network/device, the longer this will take.

The good news is that we are working to move away from the need to sync on mobile devices.

Weā€™ve already done this on the iOS side so Android will be coming soon.

Iā€™ve noticed the same thing on my tablet running Android 5.0 Marshmallow. My phone, running Android 9.0 does sync very quickly, even when accessing away from home. It may be a difference in OS efficiency.