That’s what I’ve been wait on. I only have apple products. And testing the tablo app on my iPhone and iPad. Looking forward to be able to use the new tablo on Apple TV.

I have Android Mobile phones and tablets but do my primary viewing on Roku

What should I choose for hardware during signup? The new 4th gen isn’t an option. Would love to test the Apple TV app.

I don’t see the new Tablo 4 on the list. Does it go by any other name?

1 Like

We’re not quite ready to start doing that yet… Stay tuned.

1 Like

Staying tuned for entering the beta testing (esp for Tablo 4 on Apple TV.) I have all the major device types, so anything you need, I’m glad to help!

1 Like

So, since so much time has gone by has the Apple TV+ app even begun Beta testing yet?

Need to add the 4-tuner 4th gen to your list on your Beta testing application. And need to make one of the questions “what streaming platforms do you want to test?”, since if the platform is a future, I can’t really say that I’m using it now, can I? But I should be able to indicate somewhere on the application that I have Apple TV streaming boxes ready to go.

Anyways, waiting to hear on opportunity to Beta test the Apple TV app for the 4th gen Tablo.

I didn’t notice initially that the 4th Gen Beta Tester posting was concurrent with the 2-tuner 4th Gen tablo release back in October. So most likely Tablo has enough Apple TV Beta testers signed up by now, and I’m talking to myself :-).

1 Like

I’ve been using the Legacy quad network Tablo for several years. I just picked up the new Gen 4 quad-channel Tablo and I have three different vintage Apple TVs. But to keep harmony in the home, I’ll probably only want to try it on the gen 2 4K Apple TV in my Man Cave. Hope to year from you all soon!

Did you sign up on the Apple post?

I’ll look for it. Not sure which one you’re referring to.

Found it!

1 Like

Are ya testing the vizio tv app yet? I’d love to be a part of that for an excuse to upgrade to the 4 tuner version!!

There likely won’t be any beta testing for the TV brand apps.

Well that blows but hey what can ya do I’ll be sticking with my dual then lol

It apparently takes a lot of effort to get an app in the tv ecosystem, so the devs can’t keep pushing versions like they can for the apple tv beta.

I honestly think the developers are not very good at their jobs if they wasting time on Apple TV.

Um, OK. While Apple TV is definitely not the streaming device with the most market share (that would be Roku) I’m guessing it has more than Vizio so why make a general statement about Apple TV (and no, I’m not an Apple user, at all) without something to support it other than you have a Vizio TV?

Personally, I never use the OS the TV comes with, it quickly becomes outdated and a potential security issue for most TVs.

1 Like

No reason in particular then I really really don’t like Apple. Apple OS is basically Windows ate Linux
and Windows defecated the Apple OS :joy:

I agree. I am anal about network security. My home security cameras are hardwired to a NAS, I have no WiFi thermostat or lights, and I don’t even have my TV’s connected to the router. Why would I need to update the firmware if I am using a STB to watch TV?