Should I do the 2.2.8 update?

[quote=“Jestep, post:16, topic:5106”]
I am not being defensive for Tablo, I am being defensive of myself because when you say it has all these issues you are lumping me into that, and that is what bothers me.
[/quote] I believe you are referring to this portion of my post below, but I don’t see any reference to you, just to the “Tablo folks”. So unless you are part of Tablo, I’m pretty sure you were not in anyway part to this comment.

I do feel sorry for the Tablo folks. I really wouldn’t want to be in this situation if I were responsible for Tablo’s never-ending problems.

As to the rest below, I would suggest you start your own rant about the ranters, I did. It might be better to do this then come into another thread feeling someone just might be attempting to do some bashing, even if with more “civility”. As to the way I word my sentiments, I am pretty sure I worded my feelings pretty accurately and honestly in regards to our Tablo’s. It is of course solely based on what I see in this forum, those posts I have commented on, and my own experience with my Tablo – I suppose I could be a bit more wrong then I think I am though. If so, I suppose you might like calling it “generalizing”, but I think I would still say “I’m calling it like I see it”.

To be fair to you, I am really saying this for all the others who have come on here and bashed with blatant disregard for civility. You on the other hand have not, thank you. I just don’t like seeing threads that say things like you said of “never ending problems”, to me that is generalizing :wink:

-Rodger

Agree to disagree

The $50 fix for Roku/Tablo compatability issues? Worked for me.

1 Like

Which fix you are referring to?

Buying a Nexus Player.

1 Like

Nexus player.

1 Like

Roger and all. Tablo has entered an arena where others have feared to tread. Battle scars are evident but I’m rooting for the matador.

1 Like

2.2.8 is working fine here. Older Roku 2 XD. An even older Belkin N750 DB router. Also works fine on my android phone, my iPad and my 2 Win7 computers using Firefox. Is it luck or a rock solid network or what? I also have a lot of weather equipment uploading to many weather services on a minute by minute basis. That rarely has any issues as well.

After a rocky start my current experience is very good. No compelling issues since switching to Nexus player so I’m sticking with 2.2.6 rather than jeopardize what I now have.

With Xmas coming we’ll call it divine providence.

Well I have decided to hold off indefinitely on this update. Until I see a need, the bad outweighs the good right now. What I need to work is working fine, so it really make no sense to update my Tablo. If things change, I can revisit it.

Tablo Support should have a “one time decline” on the check box. It make no sense to have it reappear each time you open up a Tablo connection. It’s in the settings to update, so unless folks are totally absent minded, why keep asking?

-Rodger

2 Likes

You are not alone, I am still on firmware 2.1.30 and fearful of updates ruining my currently acceptable viewing experience. I also don’t need that nagging update screen every time I open the app either so @TabloTV come on please get rid of it.

1 Like

Good call. I rue the day I upgraded from 2.2.2 last week, which worked flawless in all aspects of Tablo’s capabilities. No LPW’s, no Roku reboots , no missed recordings, no complaints. Pure unadulterated cord cutting DVR bliss…and then 2.2.6 arrived, and it’s been downhill ever since. The 2.2.8 has had mild improvements, but I still experience LPW, and even tonight a FF/Play/RW/Play turned into a LPW , which turned into a blank screen followed by a Roku crash/reboot. What I wouldn’t give to rollback to 2.2.2… If it ain’t broke, dont fix it.

Pondering the same dilemma. I’m using Nexus player. The only issue I have is an occasional slow response loading complete guide for live TV. Don’t want to jeopardize the generally very good setup I now have.
Have any NP users benefitted from moving from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8?

2.2.8 has been the most solid firmware for me since the spring.

2 Likes