Shield / Android TV Live Channels feature?

@TabloSupport why only Nvidia? Simply remove your stupid check to see if it is Nvidia, and let it run on whatever people want to try it on, but label it unsupported. I would love to see it on the Mi Box. The Nexus Player might work with an added hard drive. What about ANDROID CHANNELS?

I think hardware sales are probably their main income/profit. $5/month for the guide service isnā€™t bad but probably doesnā€™t add up to a whole lot.

My big wish is that a Tablo box could be used as the tuners for Plex or Live Channels but they are fundamentally different.

Tablo runs fine on my Mi Box for 6 mths.

I thought all the information that spilled out during the Rovi Tivo merger indicated that there was very little profit in the hardware. Hardware is a commodity business. Once you account for hardware R&D cost, manufacturing cost, shipping, retailer profit, warranty, blah,blah, blah there is very little profit in the iron.

And how much iron would you have to sell per year to cover costs and be considered a success.

You might get an idea of how much iron Nuvyyo sells per year. The 50:87:B8 in the MAC address is the vendor id for Nuvyyo. Could the last three numbers represent the unit number?

Valid points.

Tablo runs fine on my Mi Box too, but would like to see in Live Channels, which someone mentioned when Google first announced Live Channels.

My son has a MiBox also and he tells me the same thingā€¦he hats having to go back and forth to Tablo when in live channels watching something on there already like Pluto TV.
This has to be something that peaks someones interest when we see what Android TV will bringā€¦I can watch my live TV content on the main Screen!!! Where is Tablo? Nowhere. Not a live channelā€¦or a main home screen displayā€¦
getting a little disappointed in the timeline.

1 Like