Setting up port forwarding and a static ip address

I am attempting to set up my new tablo and use the tablo connect feature. However, it tells me that I need to manually configure my router for port forwarding and I haven’t the slightest idea how to do this. I have messed with it all day to no avail. I have searched every corner of the internet and am still no closer to accomplishing this than i was when I started. Also, I have no idea how to set up a static ip address for my tablo. I really wish that the tablo website explained that all of this is required to use the tablo connect feature on the website when it lists it as a feature. The connect feature is literally the only reason I got the tablo, and wouldn’t have done so had I know it would be so difficult. I have an Arris NVG510 router and a two tuner tablo. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Hey there! If you’re still having issues with this, touch base with our support team. You can send us an email here, or give us a call at: 1-844-TABLOTV (822-5688).

Some of the basic information on Tablo Connect and how it works can be found here.