Setting recording priority?

No, you can set the recording quality to 1080p - 8mbps and only one tuner will be used for your Fox station.

But since the user has a two-tuner Tablo, he can set it 1080p-10mbps, and it will still use just one tuner. It only affects 4 tuner Tablos.

On signal strength my worst frequency has signal strength at 66% with signal quality 100%. Best frequency 11 signal strength 78% and signal quality 100%.
Those are results for my tv.
I don’t know a lot about signal strength. Here are some numbers available from rabbitears.info for my location.
Signal margin for best (dB) 47.53 and worst (dB) 19.38.
Field strength for best dBuV/m 86.78 and worst 59.85.
My understanding is anything above 50 for dBuV/m is good for my antenna setup. The antenna is hd 91xg at 30 feet outside.

From his original post, he has a 4 tuner Tablo, therefore, 1080p - 8mbps is the maximum setting he can use to insure that all 4 tuners are available for recording.

Does your antenna have a preamp installed?

You need to keep in mind that your TV only has one tuner and the Tablo has 4. Your Tablo splits the signal 4 ways, thus it will be a little weaker than what your TV is seeing.

If you do have a preamp, you may need a distribution amp prior to your Tablo especially if you are splitting the signal between your TV and Tablo.

My apologies. He had mentioned 2 tuners later, but you are right that he said he had a 4 tuner first.

1 Like

I don’t have anything to substantiate this Kind of like with the “heat issue”, I just decided this is the problem/answer. It’s been about a year since I’ve had my Dual Lite, so I don’t recall the exact specifics.

I’ve have issues with segmented recordings and reboots. Occasionally something about no storage (my drive was stable, but the setup wasn’t in “the list”) and the vague weak signal error message. Since all there we get is a one time colored dot, who knows what that actually means.

In the end I set recording quality to max out at HD 720 - 5 Mbps and the lower settings seems to alleviate any issues. Suspect the lower quality doesn’t need as tight specs on signal quality, as noted is different than signal strength, which tablo devices don’t acknowledge.

What ever my problem may/or may not have been - I’ve only a couple of rare time seen any recurrence. In the end, I feel that much better and don’t really notice much quality loss compared to streaming (which is not HD for me)

Yes, the Wineguard Boost XT LNA-200. Sorry should have mentioned that!
I’m sure there is a method to add a photo but haven’t found it. I have a thirty foot cable from booster to ground block. Then a forty foot to the booster power supply. An eight inch to splinter then two four foot, one to tv other to tablo.
Back to the antenna setup I have two. The top one is a VHF/ UHF combo. The lower one is VHF for a tower at 123 degrees for the frequency 11.
The combo is 297 degrees. Only UHF for that one. Both connected to combiner with three foot cables, and combiner connected to booster with 18 inch cable. I cut all the cables to exact length needed. Had connectors installed by local cable company employee. Everything except tablo about 30 months old. Used a TiVo With four tuners and a 1t hard drive with this setup.

Try clicking on the 7th “thing” in on the tool bar.

Want to learn more, maybe the first 10 or so post - Interactive new user tutorial - Posts about nothing :) now with polls after that, we just get lost. It tells how to have a robot start a …new user tutorial, you’ll get a badge

Somewhere, one someone had a great post explaining the differences between a pre-amp and am amp, which I presume is synonymous to a booster.
You have this booster mounted at the antenna? Then 70’ cable run to TV/tablo (splitter)?

From what I’ve read, the LNA-200 is an excellent preamp.

The only suggestion I would have is to replace your passive splitter with a distribution amplifier/splitter. It’s possible that amplifying the signal could cause it to be to strong, but I believe it would be worth a try.

I’ve used the following Motorola brand and also used Channel Master brand:

Hope this helps.

The antennas are 30 feet from the ground block. The power supply is 40 feet from the ground block. Splitter is 8 inches from booster power supply.