Selling Tablo 4-Tuner DVR Model SPVR4-01-NA

Unfortunately, the Tablo idea does not work in my household.

Anyone interested in the Model noted above please PM me.

Thanks!
Tracy

I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you, and am drooling, cuz I believe I have 2 of those models aleady, and they’ve been rock solid for years.
Mounting a good quality OTA antenna on my roof removed all issues.

1 Like

Thanks - it’s not the antenna - it’s the adoption… :-).

Out of curiosity, if you care to share, and if you don’t I get it, what is causing the adoption resistance? I fought some initial pushback when we switched from TiVo to Tablo many years ago but our family adjusted very quickly.

Really it comes down to Sports Choices - at this time, I am not interested in this subscription or that subscription to add to a Roku or Apple TV to get what we get on the Cable Guide. Everything still requires Internet and unless we stop watching it all there is really no cost savings for us. I also don’t like having to go to between Apps to get to different shows etc.

I also don’t like the OTA solutions in the area in regards to high resolution.

What is your TV solution? Any thoughts are appreciated.

I wondered if it might be available content vs the Tablo itself.

Our viewing habits as far as sports really only include NFL and MLS and it so happens we can get our local teams via antenna. We supplement our antenna content with a handful of the usual streaming services: Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+. That provides plenty of content for us. We only pay for internet with Spectrum so the savings from not having cable TV are substantial.

1 Like

Yes - I love the Tablo idea (heavy Plex user as well) - but OTA choices here are the pits! Maybe in the next millenium that will improve :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Just so you know you can drop all the subscription stuff and use the Tablo to manually record programs. You still get 24 hours of guide data for free without the subscription. I rip stuff I want to keep from my Tablo to my Plex server. An alternative you might try if Tablo still isn’t for you would be getting a tuner for your Plex server. That’s a great option if you have a Plex pass.

2 Likes