Searching Recordings

A question: when I search Recordings on my Tablo, looking for a program by name, the results only show FUTURE programs, not those already recorded. Is this the intention of the app designers?

I am using the Windows native interface, App version is: 1.703.204.

The current browser-based app (in Chrome and Edge Chromium) returns the shows that meet search criteria that have been recorded on the local hard drive.

jim

You mean the standalone Windows 10 app?

Yes, the app that runs outside of a browser. Apologies for any confusion.

Unitl now, I haven’t been using the Search function but I did some tests this morning and no matter what window I’m in (Prime Time, TV Shows, Movies, Sports, Scheduled or Recordings), I always get results for upcoming TV Shows and Movies.

@TabloSupport this seems to be a bug.

I believe that’s by design, those tabs are full of up coming shows. To search for shows you’re already recorded, try searching in the the Recordings tab

It returns - Recorded TV Shows

If you still believe you have a bug try Tablo Support | Over The Air (OTA) DVR | Tablo
or Submit a request – Tablo

It doesn’t work using the Windows 10 Tablo app.

No matter the tab, I’m always getting the same results which is a list of upcoming TV Shows and movies.

I have Recorded TV Shows that are no longer being broadcasted and when I do a search in the Recordings tab, they’re not found.

To me this definitely seems to be a bug.

Have you tried the Windows 10 Tablo app?

I have not, but my Mozilla Firefox web browser under MS Windows 10 recordings search works as expected.
I suspect you’re correct that it’s a bug, in your case.

Now I’m not clear - you search for shows and you get results… yet you search for show and don’t get results… or don’t get the results you want?

Tablo app - Win 10

1.7.3 build 204 [201905101616]
Host Application: 1.703.204
Device Family: desktop
Server Host: tabloIP
MAC Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; MSAppHost/3.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.102 Safari/537.36 Edge/18.19042

CSI: Miami has 6 episodes recorded - there are no more episodes broadcast scheduled on this tablo:

as indicated by the [ - ] dash in the upper right corner. image

It does show up in the list of “TV Shows” -

So obviously clicking on the search icon, it finds it:

And, it’s no longer being broadcast - no episodes to record, but I do have recordings

When I click on the search icon in the recordings tab I get the same results, from the Windows 10 Tablo app. *I tell ya’ what" a decent web browser seems like so much less hassle (and this Windows PC is a PITA )

So what ever bug you may have discovered might be in your version of Windows 10

Edition:Windows 10 Pro
Version: 20H2
OS build: 19042.804

I can see a few differences between your setup and mine.

First, I don’t have the Windows Pro version.

The Tablo app might behave differently with the Windows Home version or is it because I’m running the French version of Windows 10.

I didn’t see which firmware version your Tablo DVR is running but mine is running the latest version 2.2.32.

There’s definitely something weird going on.

I might have to start using the Web app in a browser instead of the Windows 10 app.

The win version reference was more to the build/release/update There are different versions of Windows 10.

I’m not sure the impact of firmware, it’s updated to 2.2.32 at the time.

As tablo is readily available in Canada you’d expect it to handle French, Spanish as well for parts of the U.S.

if the weirdness continues and the Win app is the way you want to go, contact tablo support directly. Either they’ll help you figure it out… or confirm your bug.