Scheduling Conflict Resolution

First off I realize there is a scheduling conflict screen and I understand from the manual the blinking blue LED. 

I realize that if the Tablo loses power or is power cycled the BLUE LED flashes until it is up and running, (steady blue). 
My Tablo is a 2 tuner version, and I get 32 digital channels. This time of the year, where I live, shows do get juggled around because of football games, basketball games, special events and the whims of the schedulers.

I do not check for conflicts or the conflict screen every day and I am not sure I would even see the red ! triangle until it was to late. My thought is since I have the Tablo located where I can see the steady BLUE LED whenever I am at my computer… 

Is it possible that if there are conflicts the BLUE LED could be flashed in some way indicating that I need to login to the Tablo to determine what’s going on? 

Trivial and picky as it may seem, visual conflict notification would be helpful.
EJC

+1

May be flashing to the beat of the Canadian National Anthem.

@EJC - Interesting suggestion that makes total sense.

Not sure that the LED is the most effective way to do this though (since some people have their Tablo stashed away in a closet). 

Maybe a notification screen when you log in that you have to clear vs. going directly to the conflicts tab? 

Again something I requested many months ago would be to alert the user 

http://jettsoft.com/TabloRequests.htm

Warning/Error messages<o:p></o:p>

When I go into Tablo interface if an error has happened such as reboot, error recording, etc I would<o:p></o:p>

like to be notified in the user interface.<o:p></o:p>

And even further, email or some other type of notification

@EJC - Interesting suggestion that makes total sense.

Not sure that the LED is the most effective way to do this though (since some people have their Tablo stashed away in a closet). 

Maybe a notification screen when you log in that you have to clear vs. going directly to the conflicts tab? 

I’d prefer that. The nice thing about Tablo is that it can sit ANYWHERE, in a closet, under an end table on a shelf, hidden behind a book case door, etc. It needs only air to breath, antenna cable and a thin low-voltage power wire. It’s tiny and thus - why have it taking up space out in the open. And if you are in a DIFFERENT ROOM, the whole point of Tablo, eh? You’d not see it. We might be downstairs in the larger family room using our phone or my desktop to access the tablo on a shelf upstairs where no one can see it. A notification pop-up or whatever that’s “in your face” until you manually and deliberately dismiss it by chasing a moving target and paying 10 bucks to be very sure you saw it and didn’t just accidentally dismiss it when you hit ENTER or the cat stepped on the phone or whatever.

@TabloTV - The blue led was the first thing that came to mind. However it can be turned off in the settings screen which negates my entire suggestion. 

I also thought about a message on login to the Tablo, but as I stated I don’t often login and would probably miss the message.
Another thought would be to add a hardware conflict led, but that would not help those who already own Tablo’s.
Perhaps a better suggestion would be to add a message to the app’s (ie: Roku, Android) whenever they are accessed to watch a program on Tablo.
I seriously doubt this suggestion will go anywhere, but I think it would be nice.
EJC

IFTTT integration that sends you a notification or text message if there is a scheduling conflict maybe?

I guess you don’t even need IFTTT, the Android app itself could notify you. Either that or Tablo could have an automated text sent to your phone. 

That may be over complicated though, I’m not sure. Just making suggestions.

A text message would be ideal, since I may go a few days without firing up an app.

@tablotv a push notification would be great. Or a text message or email. Text and email are probably easier since the tablo has to sync to see changes on the tablo itself. Or Maybe a popup in the app that tells you there are conflicts after you sync.

This should be a feature.

@tablotv a push notification would be great. Or a text message or email. Text and email are probably easier since the tablo has to sync to see changes on the tablo itself. Or Maybe a popup in the app that tells you there are conflicts after you sync.

This should be a feature.

+1 definitely a needed feature.

Can we get a priority list so shows that we don’t care about can be bypassed on a conflict without input? This is something most all DVR systems have.

I haven’t experienced any errors yet but a pop-up following sync would seem to be good way to alert users to potential issues.

All good suggestions that we would like to incorporate. I’ll add these to the request list.