Roku Stick+ or Roku Premiere+ What's best for tabloTv?

2 Likes

That’s the Canadian website. Check out the US site, they have new smaller form factor Premiere+ without the Micro SD slot. Yes very annoying and confusing.

“ In October 2017, Roku introduced its sixth generation of products. The updates included the dropping of the Premiere and Premiere+ models, the introduction of the Streaming Stick+ (with an enhanced Wi-Fi antenna device), as well as new processors for the Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Express and Express+.”

1 Like

I would almost always take a product that has an Ethernet port. Perhaps there are a few of the Ultra+ models floating around with the old form factor that has an SD slot. I don’t always use direct Ethernet connections but the more you can reduce WiFi use the better. Less devices on WiFi means the remaining devices get better bandwidth. WiFi can also mess with Bluetooth connectivity.

Edit: looks like there are some certified refurbished models available with the SD slot.

I don’t see any “new” old stock but it’s probably out there somewhere still.

1 Like

I know the way Roku names their models are confusing but the current new Roku Ultra has an Ethernet port and a Micro SD slot. No need to buy an old refurbished unit.

The old Premiere+ model I was talking about in this thread is different than the Ultra model.

That being said, I have a Roku 3 Model 4200 that works perfectly with the Tablo and the Roku has no SD card in it.

1 Like

My Roku 2 doesn’t seem to be having issues either. I was thinking about upgrading but I’ll probably upgrade the whole TV with one that has Roku built in since it’s a little long in the tooth as well.

Sorry to take so long to reply. I haven’t had a loading problem with any Rokus, but I just have 10 channels set up.

2 Likes

I just saw this deal pop up in my feed.
$77

Edit:. Very weird. First time I clicked the link $77 but second time $89. Anyway here is where I found it and ymmv.

The new 2018 ultra

1 Like