ROKU reboots

Whenever I back up live TV, and then go forward to current, ROKU locks up and reboots.  Actually, I'm not sure if happens every time, but it's often enough to really pi$$ off Hubby.  It does not happen on recordings.  It does happen on all 3 ROKU's - 2, 2X, and stick.  I haven't seen this exact problem posted by anybody else and hope it's on the list of ROKU fixes.

BTW, the upgrade did not have any effect on this.

Which Roku Stick? Please provide the model number.

As for live TV viewing, why not just put a splitter on the OTA antenna and send it directly into the HDTV? It has it’s own tuner, changing channels will be a lot quicker.

This is interesting topic, last night I was watching a recorded show with my 6 year old from Roku 3 and it rebooted after some quirky choppiness. Let me say, I have never had the Roku reboot on me without me forcing the reboot.

Was it Tablo related is the question… I don’t know and I can’t re-create right now

Which Roku Stick? Please provide the model number.

As for live TV viewing, why not just put a splitter on the OTA antenna and send it directly into the HDTV? It has it’s own tuner, changing channels will be a lot quicker.

I don’t know off hand - I’ll check when I get home.  I actually didn’t know they had more than one stick & don’t think it matters because it does the same thing on 3 different ROKU’s.

Because then I can’t back up if I miss something or pause for a pit stop.  Because sometimes I like to watch 2 shows by alternating between channels on commercials and then backing up to where I left off.  And because that’s why I have a DVR.

@Grandy

That’s pretty weird. The Tablo shouldn’t be able to force a crash/reboot on a separate device… Let me test this here. Are you rewinding/fast forwarding a certain amount of time when this happens? Does it happen every time?

@TabloSupport it's not the same amount of rewind every time.   It's usually when one of us says, "did you see that" and rewinds a little to replay.  If there is no FF then all is OK.  If we "catch up" to real time, that's when it happens.  I won't swear that it happens every time, but Hubby swears every time it does. 

@Grandy Hm - very weird. It’s hard (and should be impossible) for another device to crash as a result of a ‘call’ from the Tablo. I’ve been testing this today in the office and haven’t been able to reproduce it so far, but I’ll pick this up in the morning to see if I can recreate it with the devs.

More weirdness per Hubby. Sometimes, after pausing live TV, after several minutes (1 - 5ish) the "loading" bar appears and it hangs. We've never waited it out to see if it would come back but back out to the main Tablo menu and back in to live TV. This does not cause ROKU to reboot.

Tried to re-create tonight and, of course, it's not cooperating.  Tonight's results:

ROKU stick - Pause & resume worked fine.  Rewind and FF to real time got "loading" and app hung.  Had to back out to menu and come back in to Live TV to continue watching.

ROKU 2 - Pause and FF to real time got "loading" and app hung. Had to back out to menu and come back in to Live TV to continue watching.  Pressed @ button 3X and ROKU stopped responding and rebooted.

Did not test ROKU 2XS tonight. 

Hope this helps.  I'm home Weds. so let me know if you need anything.

@Grandy same issue here except try going back 10 seconds and then go forward it hangs. I think, this may have been reported already

I used to have these problems before the latest update. Now, if I see the loading bar, it’s litterally displayed for less than a second.  Maybe pops up once every few hours. Wired (Gbit) or Wireless (AC)… Using Roku XS