Roku question

Nice! So Roku 3 is performing as it should now?

@pix64 Yeah, the 3 is working fine now.  I’ve got the interference problem licked.  I yanked out the worthless streaming stick.  Only problem now though is the new 2xs won’t play live TV or recordings.  Recordings and channel list seem to be reporting fine., but as soon as you click on the channel you want or the program you want it goes to the progress bar screen, then kicks right back out to the channel selection screen.  Rinse repeat…  Any ideas (It is running on Ethernet)  

PS Plex/Amazon work fine, so it’s a Tablo specific problem.

Tablo wired? Roku 2 XS running most recent firmware?

Yes and yes

:-/ hmm

I assume you have yours HDMI?  If you still have it laying around, please plug in the strange RCA that comes with the 2 xs.  I don;t have a spare HDMI cable handy, but my thought is, maybe the app is crashing when it is starting to try to output in SD…

OK, fixed…  Used a HDMI cable I stole from somewhere else in the house and did a factory reset on the Roku.  This time the channel works fine.

SWEET!  now that you say that I recall @TabloTV mentioning something about output of LiveTV over Composite cables on the roku… id have to dig around to see if i could find it though.

Yeah, just swapping to HDMI didn’t do it.  My last ditch was to restore factory settings after the swap, and thankfully, that did it…  

Is there a list of Tablo compatable roku models that work? I have an older Roku LT model and not sure if it will work due to its age. On woot.com rokus are on sale today and I am thinking of upgrading.

Just from my experience:

Roku 3 Works wired and wifi
Roku 2 XS Works wired, but not wifi (Buffering issues)
Roku XDS (1st gen) Does not work (although may when Plex channel is activated since Plex works fine when wired
Roku Streaming Stick wifi only, does not work (Constant buffering with Tablo app and Plex, so no hope here unless Roku can tweak firmware.
Roku MHL Streaming Stick wifi only works great with Tablo app (So why doesn’t the other streaming stick work…)

Not sure what will happen in your case.  Looks like Roku has 3 different specs of models they have called LT

http://support.roku.com/entries/20345913-product-comparison-all-roku-player-models

Mine is the Model 2400

Tablo compatable @Tablo?

Looks like that is the same chip as my working second generation model, so that probably isn’t a bad thing, but my guess is you may have buffering issues unless you are close to your router since there is no Ethernet on that box.