Roku performance

It seems to take 15-20 seconds for my recordings list or the live channel lineup to load. Anyone else having this issue?

@tacopeland - This is a little bit longer than usual but yes, it does take a bit of time to fetch the recordings list and then display it. We fetch the WHOLE list of recordings and Live TV so that when you do intereact with it on the screen, the UI is faster. 

How long should it take. It just took about 45 seconds to load the live tv channel list on my roku 3

@tacopeland - How many channels are available in your area? That seems long.

About 30-40. I’m in chicago

Hrm… I’m going to hand this off to @TabloSupport to see if they can get to the bottom of it. 

Hi @tacopeland, I’ve spoke with our Roku developer - each channel is queried separately on the Roku app, which is why you’re seeing longer load times - especially if you’re getting between 30 - 40 channels. A faster load time on the Roku is one of the things we hope to implement in the future. 

Will it help to deselect some of the channels? There’s a handful in Spanish I really don’t need

So i reached out to another chicago user with a very similar channel lineup and they don’t have the same performance issues.  I’m constantly waiting 45 seconds for my channel lineup just to display.  The wife is getting irritated.  HELP!  I might have to return this.

I forgot to ask you this when we were pm’ng, but are you picking up only Chicago channels or are you also including channels from other markets?

just chicago channels.  I also have the same performance using the web app.  Whats weird is, when i first fired this up, it didn’t have these issues.  Does the hard drive play a roll in this at all?  The only difference between now and then is that i have content on my hard drive now. 

@tacopeland - We’ll get this sorted out for ya. I’ll have the support team get in touch so we can get to the bottom of it. 

about 40 seconds here

As I am in Chicago and will be using a Roku too, I am curious if this was resolved.

It indeed has been resolved. Live TV takes 2-3 seconds to load list where before it was 12ish. Tuning live TV takes 8-12 seconds to tune in. Recordings are 3-4 seconds to load list and 4 or so to start playback.

It indeed has been resolved. Live TV takes 2-3 seconds to load list where before it was 12ish. Tuning live TV takes 8-12 seconds to tune in. Recordings are 3-4 seconds to load list and 4 or so to start playback.

Yep.  Roku works like a charm.  Passed the wife test here

A lot faster now but wireless loading is slower than if your Roku and Tablo are both hardwired.

Wireless loading was sloooooow anyways… I don’t believe the impressive update slowed that down any, it may not have improved it, but it surely didn’t slow it down any more.