Roku Live TV Program Guide

@TXTTABLO - We're looking right now for a Roku developer to add to the team so we can provide appropriate focus to all of our apps. Our current Android team is splitting time between Android and Roku which means we haven't been able to tackle some of the big projects (like a grid guide) yet.  Since a grid style guide is outside of the 'standard' Roku channel look & feel, a lot of it has to be hand coded from scratch so it'll take some time and focused attention. We're hoping to be able to get that hire nailed down in the next few weeks and put him/her to work immediately :) 

Thanks for the speedy response, and good stuff!  I’ll keep an eye out for the updates, but apparently I will not be alone as it looks like you’ve got a captive audience on this topic! :slight_smile:

Everyone (including us) are super excited to make the Roku app more awesome. Roku is super popular among our users so we obviously want to make the experience there as cool and as close as possible to our other apps. 

Any ETA on the grid view?  Are you still in need of a developer?

@Seth We’ve filled the spot, and our Roku developer certainly has his hands full - no ETA’s just yet.

I would add to the live TV feature,

SEARCH

In either the Tablo app, or in the native Roku app. Roku’s search will let you search all apps for the movie or show, it would be preferred if the search could happen there, but even if it’s in the Tablo app that’s better than nothing (currently). Right now you have to navigate to the correct genre and find the show/event you’re looking for. Search is a must, IMO. Cheers!

Put me down as another user anxiously waiting for the Guide feature in the Roku.  I’ve owned a Roku XD for years and while it worked perfectly for everything else, no joy with the Tablo, so I sprung for a new Roku 3 only to find out that it doesn’t have the Guide and a few other significant “must have” DVR features.

I want to love the Tablo but there are just too many pending improvements to actually recommend it to friends.  I hope there’s some urgency put into the timely release of updates that address some of these basic DVR expectations that are still lacking.

It would also be nice to be able to browse channels up and down using the UP/DOWN arrow bottoms on the Roku, sorry to have hijacked this topic.