Roku App Problem?

I installed Tablo a little over a week ago. I have the following equipment:

• Tablo Dual Tuner Lite
  • Roku Streaming Stick 3600R
  • Seagate 4TB hard drive in Inatek USB 3.0 Enclosure.

Up until last night, everything worked beautifully. Last night we tried to watch a previously recorded show. The show would load very slowly, play a few minutes then start buffering for several minutes. I tried other recordings, and they did the same. I then tried to load live TV, and it did the same thing.

I then ran the Tablo web app on my laptop. Everything worked perfectly.

Thinking the problem might be the Roku, I checked other Roku channels and had no problems and watched a movie on Amazon Prime. After the movie (1-1/2 hours), I switched back to the Tablo app and everything appeared to be working properly again.

Doe anyone have an idea what the problem might be and how I can prevent it from happening again?

Sounds like maybe a memory issue on the Roku. Restarting the Roku would probably have fixed it as well.

I had similar issue with the Rokus until I forced them onto a dedicated 5GHZ wifi channel… The Rokus kept bouncing around between different channels / frequencies / etc and would work great for a while and then stop.

I did find that the wifi remotes for the Roku were causing part of the interference but since forcing the Roku to use a specific connection fixed it, I never really looked into options there.

Every install / router config can be different so apologies that I really cant point to specifics, would be happy to share but doubt our setups are the same so I would just say, check your router and Roku settings, especially if it starts to act up again, look to see if its connecting differently.