Roku and "Loading, Please Wait" (lets be honest)

1. I came here to make a single thread so it stops being posted all over the place.
  2. My biggest problem is the lack of official support here. Users attempting to help other users by offering workarounds is not a solution. Tablo needs to actively engage people having issues. My post to the “should I buy” poster was me honestly telling them to set their expectations correctly before purchasing. At $200+ I expect it to work as advertised.
  3. Suspicion about what? Do you think I am lying? Do you want me to take a video of me experiencing the issue and send it to you? You are being completely ignorant if you think this problem is resolved. Just because you are not experiencing it doesn’t mean others are not.

Grasping at straws trying to accuse me of something because of the age of my user account here is ridiculous. Maybe the reason I recently joined was because I didn’t have a reason to post until I started to experience a problem.

My Tablo experience was excellent when accessing it via my iDevices. I only experience this problem with my brand new out of the box Roku 3 (recommended model per Tablo).

I don’t even understand what you’re trying to accuse me of.

Actually the Tablo folks are pretty responsive, even without formal tickets. I’ve been pretty impressed with their forum involvement and wish other vendors would do the same.

With that said, keep it up Tablo folks!!

3 Likes

But it has been 4 hours and the problem hasn’t been solved through an unofficial channel!

@SkydiveGuy - I assume you have rebooted the Router, Tablo and Roku (in that order)?

The direct phone number is 1-844-TABLOTV December 31st - 10:00 .am. - 4:00 p.m. ET (Closed tomorrow)

Is the Tablo Wired or Wireless?

Where I hope he finds good Tablo-like support. Although, Tivo folks (no offense Tablo-ites) seem to be pretty happy folks. I tend to like the “new guys” on the block with the newer ideas… all I can say is Tablo support has been pretty good in making things better on their 1st gen product. I know some will disagree with that, but I’ve been around the block a few times and can’t remember another vendor trying as hard to make things right. What does the future hold? I’m hoping that all the work the Tablo folks have put in will make their products better and better and easier and easier. Only time will tell, but I think, in general, Tablo is off to a good start. And I know I’m looking forward to what they come up with in their 2nd gen product (no announcement has been made, could be years away).

Your issue has been fully addressed by Tablo directly. Please read this entire thread, specifically post #1 by the CEO.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/a-message-from-the-ceo-of-nuvyyo/

1 Like

Post is old. The problems period was after that post was made. Tablo’s changes alone didn’t fix, required both an update (and there were several, and some not so great) from Roku in addition to Tablo’s changes.

Six hours is old? Wow do things age out quickly these days.

A Message from the CEO of Nuvyyo is from Nov 2.

“Official Support” comes from support tickets. This is user community.

Tablo is more responsive on this “community forum” than MANY tech companies.

Your problem is undoubtedly real, but if solution is your goal, some time on the phone with the folks that can fix it will be the best way forward since your problem seems to be somewhat unique to you at this time.

If your goal is to just goad Tablo, then continue the frequent posts to various threads.

6 Likes

While that post certainly addresses his concerns his post is not old. Just point him to that post because for whatever reason he didn’t see it or felt it did not address his concerns. His issues are real to him, points valid or not.

Yes and those issues need to be addressed directly by Tablo Support via a Support Ticket. The 2.2.8 firmware update and 9044 Roku firmware update has fixed the LPW issue for many.

1 Like

Something I found that is interesting and confusing that I wanted to share. I have had my Tablo 4 tuner since 6/14 and for the most part been happy with it. A few problems have occurred, but David from support has come to my rescue several times and yes I have had more LPWs and Roku reboots that I would like. Although the other half did get irritated at times, since the 2.8.8 update and then the marvelous 9044 update of the Roku things have been very good with almost NO problems. A Nexus Player was on my Christmas list and sure enough Santa delivered one – and how I wish that I had bought 3 NPs instead of 2 Roku 3s. The NP is like instant everything – it is the GREAT compliment to TABLO.

Now for the interesting: Last week I decided to move the NP from my office to the bedroom since it is far superior to the Roku. (and the BR is the farthest from router Aps) The NP setup fine and still worked instantly, no problems. Then I hooked the Roku up in my office and over a period of 2 or 3 days the program load time went from 5-10 secs to 30-60 seconds for both Rokus. And load after FFW went from 1-3 secs to 15-30 secs and they both had a few LPW. Meanwhile the NP just worked fine. I have over 20 devices on the router and all have reserved IPs and they did maintain their IP addresses.

So the first thing I tried was the sequential reboot – modem, Tablo, Rokus. Didn’t work with Rokus, NP still fine – Rokus unacceptable times. So the next day I shut everything down, modem, both routers, both Rokus and left the NP on. Then I powered up the modem, wait 5 mins, powered up wired router, wait 5, then the remote wireless router wait 5, the Tablo wait 5, then the 2 Rokus. Everything back to normal – Rokus 5-10 secs on load and 1-3 secs after FFW and everything is still instant on NP. Don’t really understand exactly why but Rokus don’t play well with routers - Life is good again.

MY SETUP: Tablo 4 tuner since 6/14 with a 2TB Seagate usb portable drive both setting on a DEEPCOOL WIND PAL MINI Laptop Cooling Pad 15.6" Slim Design 140mm Silent Fan Blue LED, Zyxel PK5001Z modem from CenturyLink on DSL at 6.144Mbps with the radio OFF wired to a 6th Gen Airport Express in bridge mode (in front BR) with a 5th Gen Express on the other side of the house (wireless in the rear family RM) set as extended network. Using 3 Vizo 1080 tvs using 2 Roku 3s (wireless) and 1 ATV and new NP from Santa. I record on the recommended HD 720 and have ~1TB recorded on a 2TB drive. We watch 4-5 hours of recorded shows most days (2-3 hrs minus commercials). We also use the Rokus for Netflix, Amazon and Hulu and see 2 or 3 reboots a YEAR. We do not use it for live tv (split at tv) and do not use Tablo Connect. (two 20-30 yr old Radio Shack antennas – one split between tv & Tablo the other split between office and BR) I get 73 stations on Tablo – all 5 green dots and use 25 in the epg. The broadcast antenna are about 10 miles away.

When Tablo works like it can we are very happy and really enjoy spending the $100 a month we are NOT giving to Dish or Direct on other things we like to do!!!

1 Like

I am having the same issue. On some shows it doesn’t happen at all, on others it happens repeatedly. Wheel of Fortune is the worst offender, other shows on the same channel aren’t nearly as bad. I have the recording quality set to 8MB/s I have a Roku stick, I have the 4 tuner Tablo, it’s on a wireless connection, and I have a 2GB Seagate drive recommended by Tablo. I have to think it’s a problem with buffering, is it not possible to create a larger buffer in the Tablo app?

I get LPW sometimes to but what I’ve noticed when it happens to me is this.

1. The channel signal is weaker than normal - as it’s not perfectly clear 100% of the time.
  2. The 4-tuner is very busy, recording 3 and streaming live, thus the HD is also being taxed in many read/write operations at the same time
  3. LPW usually only happens to me on Live streams
  4. LPW usually only happens to me when I record at 1080-8MBps, not so much at the 720-5MBps (but I can clearly see a difference in quality).
  5. My brand new roku 2 4210R is wireless and a good distance from the router (read many walls and a whole level).

This all being said I’m starting to think its a combination of my network trying to live stream 1080 (as most my stations are broadcast in 1080i) with a weaker signal coupled that with hardware that is being taxed quite heavily…but I mostly think its the network as it did it this morning and nothing was being recorded at that time.

My next step is to try some powerline network adapters to see if that alleviates the issue.

Hard wiring is always the way to go when you’re dealing with streaming video. I use powerlines on my tablo setup and it works perfectly

Also, make sure you have the latest firmware on your roku

I’ve been researching which powerline adapters are the best…there are so many. Which are you using - i’d be great to have a real world recommendation. A link would be awesome!! :smile:

There’s a few comprehensive threads on here about powerline adapters with some great info. I personally use netgear. Just make sure you >200mbps and you should be good to go. Do a quick search on “powerline”. @theuser86 has put up some great information about them.

1 Like

Thanks - i’m reading a bunch of those threads now.